Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Oscar: Internationals Building Profile

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Oscar Garcia believes Brighton & Hove Albion’s growing contingent of internationals can only help increase the club’s profile.*
Five Albion players were called up by their national squads and the Spaniard has welcomed the additional experience gained by his players while away on international duty.
ward-l229-1401978.jpg

Gordon Greer (Scotland), Stephen Ward (Republic of Ireland), Jesse Lingard (England under-21s) and Vitalijs Maksimenko (Latvia) were all called up while youngster Christian Walton made his England under-19 debut in a 3-0 win over Turkey.*
Garcia told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s good for the profile of the club and I am happy with all the players that went away with their national teams.
“Gordon and Stephen were involved the most and I’m happy for them because they are experienced players and deserve to play with their national teams.”

However Oscar admits he is looking forward to working more with on-loan Manchester United attacker Lingard on the Albion training ground, as the team prepare for back-to-back home fixtures with play-off rivals Reading and QPR.
“He [Jesse] played a decent game against Millwall but it’s been unfortunate for us that we haven’t been able to train with him this week.*
“When we have a new player coming in what I want to do is work with them, to show them how we want to play and what we expect of him - but I am happy.
lingard-l229-1404365.jpg

“Obviously it’s going to be tough to play two games so close together, but it’s important we remain focused. *We still have a minimum of fourteen games left to play and we need to be at our best, but we know that already.*
“Our mentality is to try and win all of our remaining games and it’s going to be a tough game because although Reading came down from the Premier League, they are a good team with a strong squad.
“But I analyse how the opposition play and I know how the players have been training so, with all this information, I will be able to pick my best eleven.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here