Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Football Managers that you LIKE

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Following on slightly from the managers you dislike thread...

Saw an interview with Keith Hill last night which reminded me how much of a gent he comes across as. Every interview I've seen with him he's unassuming, honest, friendly and humble. Managed unfashionable clubs in Rochdale and Barnsley with relatively small budgets, but has done a good job with both of them, playing a decent brand of football.

Keith Hill, you make it into the LIKE column

Keith Hill.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its impossible to dislike Rustle SALDE. I think he might be the nicest man in football (aside from Clem).

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agree with both of the above. This season I have a lot admiration for the job that Sean Dyche has done at Burnley, nice to see him do well after he has been treated poorly at other clubs.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agree with all the above except Jol.

Controversial, but I actually quite like Arsene Wenger.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I always liked Graham Taylor, he had huge success at Watford but had the misfortune to get tarnished by the England job. Still talks a lot of sense now.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

I like Arsene Wenger too. What's to dislike about him?

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Uwe Rösler seems like a decent chap - he's been through a lot and has an interesting life story.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good thread, makes a change from ones slagging people off all the time.

I actually like Neil Warnock (there, I've said it). He is interesting, understands players, has had success at a certain level and has a different take plus not afraid to say what he really thinks.

Quite a few others. Zola, agree with Keith Hill, Russell Slade and Sean Dyche, Malky Mackay will come back very strongly elsewhere, Mick McCarthy is a good bloke and Gary Johnson.

Plus I like Roy Hodgson too.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I always liked Graham Taylor, he had huge success at Watford but had the misfortune to get tarnished by the England job. Still talks a lot of sense now.

No way! He was an absolute, clueless clown. The worst manager England ever had.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I actually like Neil Warnock (there, I've said it). He is interesting, understands players, has had success at a certain level and has a different take plus not afraid to say what he really thinks.

Sorry can't agree with you about Colin he's an odious turd of a man.

'Fraid I'm another member of the Arsene Wenger fan club.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sorry can't agree with you about Colin he's an odious turd of a man.

'Fraid I'm another member of the Arsene Wenger fan club.

Fair enough. I keep an open mind on these things, and he has been a great listen on talkSPORT. Mind you, he is presenting next to Alan Brazil, so most of us would sound good by comparison as well.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hughton and in Championship McCarthy, Clarke, Powell and Robins all seem decent sorts. Interesting that none of them are held up as really top Managers although Robins maybe has the potential

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I like Arsene Wenger, too. he is honest.

I like Roberto Martinez, and I used to like David Moyes until he went over to the dark side, and has been affected by it.

But I really think we have a gem in Oscar. I don't just like him because he is Brighton. I just really like him - quiet, unassuming, measured, does not shoot his mouth off, eminently sensible comments, and seems a genuinely nice bloke, or whatever the Spanish for bloke is..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Roberto Martinez always comes across as a decent chap. I can't recall seeing him slagging anyone off, or grizzling about decisions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here