piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Madness, absolute madness.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Madness

The only thing worse would be if she wins. Hopefully she will get put back in her place and taught a valuable life lesson.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That's what you get when you give kids a sense of entitlement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The judge did tell her to 'f off out of my court and get therapy/counselling/mediation'.

It won't go to trial.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think it's very sad.

I guess most of the disbelief on here would be aimed at the daughter, but given this comment:

Retired police chief Sean Canning and his wife, Elizabeth, said they had asked their daughter to be respectful at home, keep curfews, help with chores and end her relationship with her boyfriend.

What sort of parent tries to dictate who their children have relationships with. And I speak as a 60 year old father of two daughters.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think it's very sad.

I guess most of the disbelief on here would be aimed at the daughter, but given this comment:

Retired police chief Sean Canning and his wife, Elizabeth, said they had asked their daughter to be respectful at home, keep curfews, help with chores and end her relationship with her boyfriend.

What sort of parent tries to dictate who their children have relationships with. And I speak as a 60 year old father of two daughters.

Sadly the answer to this is many, many parents.

Always causes more trouble than anything in my experience.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have to say, I think that charge might stick in England.

In England (not sure about the rest of the UK), a university student's loan and grant are based upon their Parent's income. Basically, the government here expects that Parents will contribute to their offspring's Higher Education, unless they are not financially able to do so.

I have to say, I think that charge might stick in England.

In England (not sure about the rest of the UK), a university student's loan and grant are based upon their Parent's income. Basically, the government here expects that Parents will contribute to their offspring's Higher Education, unless they are not financially able to do so.
Years ago, back in the early 1970s, my former mother-in-law (who was in her early fifties) decided to do a teacher training course. She was living at home and her father (who was then in his late eighties) was living in the same house. The tax system in those days offered an income tax allowance to parents of children in full time education. The 86 year old man claimed it and got it.

It was, of course, the 1970s and tuition fees were paid by the state.

But who says that benefit scrounging is a recent phenomenon?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sadly the answer to this is many, many parents.

Always causes more trouble than anything in my experience.

Which famous poet was it who wrote something about "it's your parents who really f*ck you up?" I've seen so many examples of it with the friends of our daughters.

I have always had a problem with the notion of having respect for your elders. That respect should not be automatic. It needs to be earned.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It was old Phil Larkin. This be the verse.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
What sort of parent tries to dictate who their children have relationships with.

Perhaps the boyfriend was is this seal?!
cha2.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Perhaps the boyfriend was is this seal?!
cha2.jpg

Well, yes, but there might be legal implications there.

I will always remember a snippet from the original Monty Python book - The Big Red Bok(sic):
A Waring to all Animal Lovers. Your practice is illegal and punishable by up to 7 years in jail."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here