Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens...

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I bumped into my neighbour yesterday who is currently playing for Charlton (he has also played for a number of bigger clubs in his career) I asked him what he thought about Dale Stephens and his exact words were he is absolute quality and one of the best players he has ever played with. Now I appreciate he hasn't exactly been amazing since he signed but he assured me we have a fantastic player in Dale and that he will shine through. I think this is already common knowledge but he also mentioned Villa bid over 3mill for him last season. Anyway, just thought I would share this with the NSC faithful.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I bumped into my neighbour yesterday who is currently playing for Charlton (he has also played for a number of bigger clubs in his career) I asked him what he thought about Dale Stephens and his exact words were he is absolute quality and one of the best players he has ever played with. Now I appreciate he hasn't exactly been amazing since he signed but he assured me we have a fantastic player in Dale and that he will shine through. I think this is already common knowledge but he also mentioned Villa bid over 3mill for him last season. Anyway, just thought I would share this with the NSC faithful.

Can we play guess the player?? My guess is Andy Hughes.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Something I will say about Dale is that he looks very self-assured and has a good first touch - he's not afraid to have a crack at goal with a volley.

He seems to want to command his bit of the midfield, which is another good sign, though at times he and Ince (or other players) seem to be trying to do the same job and getting in each other's way.

I suspect he'll turn out to be a good signing.

Oct 25, 2003
I did think we'd signed an absolute shambles after his first few games, however I was impressed by him against Wigan, and even more so against Millwall which suggests he is just settling in

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good player. Shame he's taken a knock according to the Argus. We need him tomorrow IMHO.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I think he will turn out to be a decent signing when he's fully integrated in the team. He missed a couple of golden chances against Wigan, but the runs from midfield that got him there were exactly right and 'Croft-esque'. What odds on first goalscorer tomorrow?

PG

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
That 50 - 50 tackle he went in to at Millwall. I thought the ball had exploded, such was the noise. He got up with no affects, much to the disgust of the Millwall player who trotted away much more gingerly. Dale doesn't look particularly agressive, but I think this moment showed he's not to be trifled with?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
One of nice or Stephens will definitely play in my opinion

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
One of nice or Stephens will definitely play in my opinion

Smashie--Nicey-006.jpg

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That 50 - 50 tackle he went in to at Millwall. I thought the ball had exploded, such was the noise. He got up with no affects, much to the disgust of the Millwall player who trotted away much more gingerly. Dale doesn't look particularly agressive, but I think this moment showed he's not to be trifled with?

His tackling technique is pretty poor and looks like a silly red card waiting to happen. He was apparently very lucky to get away with a nasty tackle a few weeks before joining us

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
His tackling technique is pretty poor and looks like a silly red card waiting to happen. He was apparently very lucky to get away with a nasty tackle a few weeks before joining us

Yes, I'm somewhat nervous too. There was that challenge he made near the west stand on his debut which looked very two-footed. I like him but, put it this way, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he picks up a straight red at some point this season. I'm just hoping that he gets it when we're cruising in a game, and his suspension coincides with a lack of midfield injuries and games against weak opposition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here