Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stock Market Fans

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You may recall in previous Stock Market discussions I predicted the AGY Allergy Therapeutics may be worth buying, well they've had some good news recently and they are starting to climb, 25% today and from 9p to 24.75p in recent days. Haven't a clue how far they'll go but the company value must now be approaching the £100m, at which point the larger funds normally jump on board. Or, of course, you could buy in now and they could fall through the floor! ???

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks. I will look into that tomorrow morning. I read something today in an Investors Chronicle in Sainsburys about that sector this afternoon.

Last tip I was forced to give on here was TRP back in December. Up 240% since then and 15% of that today.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You may recall in previous Stock Market discussions I predicted the AGY Allergy Therapeutics may be worth buying, well they've had some good news recently and they are starting to climb, 25% today and from 9p to 24.75p in recent days. Haven't a clue how far they'll go but the company value must now be approaching the £100m, at which point the larger funds normally jump on board. Or, of course, you could buy in now and they could fall through the floor! ???

That American approval for their asthma drug was a year away 10 years ago at 11p when I bought & a year away when I sold at a small loss 3 years later...another 7 years later. & bingo !
Congratulations, may still have some legs I recall it was one pill instead of a jab a week for serious suffers. Game changer

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Thanks. I will look into that tomorrow morning. I read something today in an Investors Chronicle in Sainsburys about that sector this afternoon.

Last tip I was forced to give on here was TRP back in December. Up 240% since then and 15% of that today.

Regarding TRP, the oil drill is next month. 40% chance of striking oil. Beats the national lottery.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Regarding TRP, the oil drill is next month. 40% chance of striking oil. Beats the national lottery.

The advice is to top slice before the spud. Words that meant nothing to me last December. I am (or the wife whose ISA it is) going to ignore that and sit it out and only considering to top slice around 10p.

The comparison with the lottery is good but it's more a toss of the coin where the tosser can sell or buy shares on the outcome before telling me. The big boys will also know before me. So The wife's £15,000 is staying on the table for now and just grew 5% on opening whilst AGY stood still. It is in the hands of those trust worthy city barrow boys and, of course, finding black gold.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That American approval for their asthma drug was a year away 10 years ago at 11p when I bought & a year away when I sold at a small loss 3 years later...another 7 years later. & bingo !
Congratulations, may still have some legs I recall it was one pill instead of a jab a week for serious suffers. Game changer

Indeed, that was what most are / were waiting for, however there also appears to be a $175m IPO of a company that wishes to use the AGY technology; and that is what is causing the spike.

Years back, I think 2007, I purchased a load and they were "just about to go to £1", a few years later I'm still waiting. That said I'm now trimming the holding each time it rises by 3p and am now playing with profit only, nice!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Going well this morning too.

The bigger difference now is that the company's overall value has passed £100m and therefore allows the brokers in the larger institutions to buy; as most have a £100m+ company value policy for pensions and funds ... allegedly.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A great deal of selling but it's holding it's price!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The advice is to top slice before the spud. Words that meant nothing to me last December. I am (or the wife whose ISA it is) going to ignore that and sit it out and only considering to top slice around 10p.

The comparison with the lottery is good but it's more a toss of the coin where the tosser can sell or buy shares on the outcome before telling me. The big boys will also know before me. So The wife's £15,000 is staying on the table for now and just grew 5% on opening whilst AGY stood still. It is in the hands of those trust worthy city barrow boys and, of course, finding black gold.

and up to 26.5p now and rising!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I had a look at AGY this morning and decided the price spike was due to the tip in Investors Chronicle and that there would soon be a correction. WRONG! Your AGY up 10% TRP only 4%.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
AGY now up again, it's in part down to IC tip, but only because they've been tipped off about the IPO, add this to the North America acceptance, a distributor "allegedly" being announced and you have the perfect scenario, still has legs in my opinion, I'm bailing parts off it off but the main is staying until we pass 60p. (now 28p)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Sorry too quick there, make that 20% increase at 28.75p

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think, and nothing in this life is guaranteed, that we're still on the runway ....

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
AGY now up again, it's in part down to IC tip, but only because they've been tipped off about the IPO, add this to the North America acceptance, a distributor "allegedly" being announced and you have the perfect scenario, still has legs in my opinion, I'm bailing parts off it off but the main is staying until we pass 60p. (now 28p)

Bought some of yours @ 28p...a US takeover would kill me if I had nothing in play

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not often you see stock being sold and the price going up; which I think is due to the limited availability and the obvious demand for the stock

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think it's more about announcement due on the use of AGY patented technology linked to the Carissa IPO? Which is the basis, I would guess, for the IC tip. Now 31p 27.84% UP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here