Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Wiltshire injured

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Personally, I think he bottled that challenge. He should have gone more 'committed into that tackle.
I was always told as kid not to dangle your foot into tackles.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The most over-rated midfielder of the last 10 years. His legs seem to be made of Weetabix.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
It's ok Jack (made of glass) Wiltshire has his transport ready
2ytanetu.jpg

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The most over-rated midfielder of the last 10 years. His legs seem to be made of Weetabix.

At the very least Michael Johnson, Giles Barnes and Josh Mceachran are/were all far more over-rated when compared to their actual ability.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He is TOTALLY over-rated:

1. 4 league goals for Arsenal in 4 seasons.
2. 15 apps, 0 goals for England in 4 seasons.
3. Totally unable to keep himself fit.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At the very least Michael Johnson, Giles Barnes and Josh Mceachran are/were all far more over-rated when compared to their actual ability.

Those players were never touted as being England's saviour though. When I say over-rated I mean a lot of media and football people making him seem like England's answer to Xavi or Iniesta. Sure, you'll get the odd good game out of him once in a while, but he doesn't impose himself on a match like the Spanish duo, or have that durability.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Those players were never touted as being England's saviour though. When I say over-rated I mean a lot of media and football people making him seem like England's answer to Xavi or Iniesta. Sure, you'll get the odd good game out of him once in a while, but he doesn't impose himself on a match like the Spanish duo, or have that durability.

I think, for a short while at least, Michael Johnson was.

I will concede that the other two were merely over-rated, however, Wilshere is clearly a talented player regardless (just not to the silly degree we're told) where as those I suggested were touted as future England stalwarts and have thus far come nowhere near (Mceachran is still young but...nah).

On the plus side, Barkley is fit. All is well!

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
I saw him in a pre season friendly at Underhill in 2008 for Arsenal against Barnet (wife's half gooner/half Albion, sorry!)...he was about 16 and was unbelievable! Yes it was only Barnet but Arsenal had a reasonable side out and he was absolutely different class. I hadn't previously heard of him but was raving about him for quite some time as the new Gazza. Sadly he hasn't yet fulfilled that potential but I still believe given a good injury free run (like a whole season) he could still be a bit special...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He is TOTALLY over-rated:

1. 4 league goals for Arsenal in 4 seasons.
2. 15 apps, 0 goals for England in 4 seasons.
3. Totally unable to keep himself fit.

Ah yes. The classic "how good a footballer is based on his goal scored stats". Lovely effort.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Aren't we 98 days from the world cup. Being out for 8 weeks (56 days) still gives him 6 weeks to get ready.....unless I've got that completely wrong?

He would almost be fresher and in better condition having this time off now....ironically.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I've often wondered about this and assumed I'm wrong. TBF I've not seen an awful lot of him play as I don't really watch Arsenal, but I don't recall seeing him play well when I have seen him. He runs around a lot, but I've not noticed him doing much effective - but as everybody (media, I guess) raves about him, I've just assumed I've not seen the right matches.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Good player when he's fit, but he's never fit enough to play for a consistent period of time.

Lallana is better than him, IMO anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here