Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite World Cup Team

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Has to be Italy 82 for me...& THAT celebration from Tardelli. Loved everything Italian ever since & follow them more than England...

tumblr_lef2nztIOs1qcqog6o1_r6_500.gif

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
England 2010. Dressed like gents. Played like they had never met before.

PA-7777049.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Despite not making it further than the quarters I did like our 2006 World Cup squad.

THAT goal from Joe Cole :ohmy:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Despite not making it further than the quarters I did like our 2006 World Cup squad.

THAT goal from Joe Cole :ohmy:

I was there! On that wing where he hit it. Great memories in that video.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Holland 1978

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Wasn't born when Brazil won in 1970 and was only 4 when they had the 'greatest team that didn't win the World Cup' in 1982, so going on teams I've seen, I'd probably say the West Germany team in 1990. Lothar Matthaeus was tremendous in that tournament, as was Andreas Brehme at left back, while Klinsmann and Voeller up front were a strong pairing. I liked the France '98 team for the performance of their 2 overlapping full backs. Bixente Lizarazu was absolutely magnificent for them in that World Cup and him and Lilian Thuram, plus Roberto Carlos and Cafu really were the game changers for the modern full back's game being as much about building attacks as preventing the opposition's attacks. Argentina in 2006 were good to watch with their team goal against Serbia-Montenegro, although they peaked too early.

Away from the World Cup, Holland in the 1988 European Championships and the Czech Republic in Euro 2004 were both teams I loved watching. The Czechs in 2004 were probably the best team not to win the Euros, undone by a horrible defensive performance by Greece and that stupid silver goal rule that UEFA introduced which rewarded Greece's approach.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Cameroon and Roger (Im only 30 Millar) they and he were gooood !!! V Colombia 1990

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The Sicilian. Only 2 caps prior to the '90 WC, set the tournament on fire. Toto Schillaci, loved him.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Poland 1974 - Lato, Gadocha, Deyna and the rest. If the semi-final pitch hadn't been a quagmire they'd have beaten West Germany and the fianl against Holland would have been a classic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here