Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else suffer from Missing Texts ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I have a small business to keep me busy and off the streets and i tend to use texts a lot to communicate with clients. Lately I've noticed a significant increase in 'did you not receive my last text' type conversations.

Does anyone else suffer from missing texts and, if so, do you think it is network related (I'm on Virgin), or is it just another 'feature' of modern technology that we have to live with ?

Bad Ash

Unregistered User
Jul 18, 2003
Housewares
I have noticed it before and weirdly it only seems to occur with women I'm trying to woo. And yes, I have checked that they actually sent me a text, rather than just said they did! :)

I've also had a weird occurrence a couple of times where a text message I sent got combined mid way through with an older message I sent to the same person. Which led to her being very confused and wondering why I was repeating myself.

I try to use iMessaging or WhatsApp (for the philistines who don't have a proper phone) as then you do at least get confirmation that your message was received.

i found the combined text issue to be more often than not caused by samsung devices whereby the user has not deleted their texts for quite some time, no idea why or how but my S3 used to do it all the time if i let text threads grow too long... a colleagues s3 does the same

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Often, too bloody often. Until recently I lived in an area underneath the downs in Eastbourne where O2 reception was poor. Sometimes texts went directly, sometimes took hours and hundreds I imagine are lost in Cyberspace. Worst thing is of course unlike emails you don't know they've not been received. It's caused some anguish and almost worse is that O2 must owe me lots of £££s I'll never recover....what a waste of pie money :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here