Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Wilko Johnson and Roger Daltrey.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Wow

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There's some footage of the gig they did in Shepherd's Bush on YouTube.

It features Mick Talbot on keyboards and Norman Watt-Roy on bass.

Jesus, that would have been a great gig to be at. Envious of anyone on here who was there.

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
Think Wilko is going to be supporting Status Quo later this year if he's still well enough (original Quo line-up not the Butlins/Karaoke post 1982 version). The song with Roger Daltrey is great.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Brilliant record. I have pre ordered the album. Daltry was on Chris Evans last Friday talking about the album and playing tracks from it.
Its probably still on the i-player

Love the harmonica on it as well, not sure who it is but Steve Weston did the honours at the recent Shepherd's Bush gig apparently so assume it is him on the record, unless anyone knows otherwise?

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
There's some footage of the gig they did in Shepherd's Bush on YouTube.

It features Mick Talbot on keyboards and Norman Watt-Roy on bass.

Jesus, that would have been a great gig to be at. Envious of anyone on here who was there.

LO it was awesome. To think that someone in Wilko's condition can perform like that was inspirational and humbling. My wife got us tickets for my 50th. They sold out in 9 minutes.
I have never been to a gig where those on stage we're enjoying it so much and the audience seem to understand the gravity of what was in front of them. The session before the 70 year old came on was amazing. NWR complemented Wilko. I didn't want it to finish.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Think Wilko is going to be supporting Status Quo later this year if he's still well enough (original Quo line-up not the Butlins/Karaoke post 1982 version). The song with Roger Daltrey is great.

You're right - I've got a ticket for the gig at Hammersmith on the 29th.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The video for I Keep It To Myself is out now:

[video]http://www.wilkojohnson.com/index.php/component/content/article/13-latest-wilko-news/40-i-keep-it-to-myself-video?Itemid=124[/video]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here