Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bt package, sky or virgin media

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
They can all be pretty crap when you run into problems so I wouldn't go too much on rep, just the pricing.

I actually switched from Sky to BT as they offered a good deal for taking the whole bundle. I can't grumble at all but then in the 5 months I've had it I've had no cause to contact them ... but you might want to take a look at their pricing

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I was with Virgin (and its predecessor cable companies) for well over a decade, and had a fairly large number of disputes and problems during that time. I switched to Sky just over 18 months ago, and life has been a dream by comparison ever since.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just today I've decided to leave Virgin. The price has been creeping up and up and the package has been decreasing. We have/had the basic phone line, basic tv package, HD box (not tivo, so no recording etc) and broadband all for £43. The choice of channels was fairly limited and the broadband was rather hit and miss, just theother we were trying to stream the League Cup Final and even with the laptop plugged into the router the strength wasn't strong enough and constantly buffered, this was on a sky-go account. All in all it wasn't brilliant.

For £5 less a month BT were able to offer me the same phone package, pause/rewind tv service, broadband, and all the channels I had before plus BT Sport and a few of the missus' favourite channels

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Its a bit like Apple v Android - both have their pitfalls and both have their good points but everybody will say what they have is better than want they don't have

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Depends if you have cable where you live.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Its a bit like Apple v Android - both have their pitfalls and both have their good points but everybody will say what they have is better than want they don't have

And Xbox vs Playstation
And Brighton vs Crystal Palace

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
we used to have Virgin, then swapped to BT as they offered a better deal. have had endless amount of problems with bt and they wouldnt let me come out of my contract. have now done 18 months and seen out my contract and getting virgin put back in next week. basically i would never use bt and would not reccomend them to anyone

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Over the years having used Sky, BT and Virgin, I can safely say Virgin for me personally are the best of the lot, and currently have everything through them. Always found their customer service pretty good as well whenever there has been a (rare) problem. I think I have only had to phone them about 3 times over the past couple of years. Also, a big plus with them being cable is your services don't go tits up when the weather is crap.

Aug 21, 2011
I moved from Sky to Virgin about a month ago, mainly out of annoyance that they give big discounts to some but not others, ie me (been with them years). Any way my early impressions are that the Tivo box is far superior than Sky HD, the Fibre Optic is fantastic I pay for 60Mb and get around 62mb ( I was on ADSL with Sky so cant comment on their Fibre). Only downside is the TV is more limiting. The main channel I had to give up was Sky Atlantic. I hope most things on there will appear on Netflix in the future. Oh and was half price for 6 months So far happy I moved

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
virgin the way to go,tivo box knocks sky into touch,great hd service free,record 3 propgrammes at once not forgeting free bt sport,which will be having champs league footy next season i beleive,and super duper broadband!!

on a sidenote you going to culver tom night cracking final bognor v burgess hill under 18 county final

Yoda

English & European
I worked out to change from Sky to Virgin, keeping the same packages, would end up costing us MORE each month after the initial 6 month half price deal.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
depends on the price of the packages I guess - never really looked into going to Sky so couldn't do a price for price comparison. Virgin's broadband is excellent though and the advantage of the TV is that the kit still belongs to Virgin so if it develops a fault you don't have to pay for it. Had several free (and unasked for) upgrades in broadband speed also - think it is now 60Mbps, started at 3 Mbps. That's on the basic TV package - I don't have free BT Sports for example, but then there isn't enough on that to make me want to watch it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here