Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Women's Players Visit AITC Centre

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
visit-l229-1400686_478x359.jpg

Hannah Blundell and Albion women’s defender Cally Beaumont

Renew your season ticket before 5pm on Thursday 13th*March to secure your seat!*****************
This applies to upfront payers only.

England under-19 international Hannah Blundell and Albion women’s defender Cally Beaumont promoted the upcoming World Cup qualifier v Montenegro at an Albion in the Community development centre this week.
The pair visited the girls’ development centre, which opened last summer, at Blatchington Mill School, Hove, on Tuesday night.
The centre is part of a wider girls football programme run by AITC aimed at increasing female participation in the game across Sussex, and runs weekly sessions for girls between the ages of 6 and 14, some of who progress to Brighton & Hove Albion’s women’s academy.
Cally and Hannah answered questions from the keen young footballers before taking part in a small-sided match.
Hannah believes the evening was a great success and was pleased to see so many young girls playing football telling seagulls.co.uk, “It’s good to see so many young girl footballers nowadays compared to how it was when I started playing.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

“I’m always happy to promote anything to do with women’s football. At my age, I never had anyone down to coach us, so the event taking place tonight is brilliant.
“My advice to these girls would be to practice as much as you can. I’ll admit I was a terrible footballer but practise as much as you can and you’ll get better.
“It just shows how much women’s football has grown to have the national team playing at a stadium like the Amex. Hopefully it will attract a large crowd to the match.”
Cally also thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the session and is now looking forward to the big match against Montenegro on 5th April.
“It was really fun and a great opportunity to promote women’s football to the youngsters. There was so much talent on show and the players had some good skills.
“It’s great for Brighton and women’s football in general to have a fixture being held at the Amex. Everyone knows how spectacular the ground is and I’m looking forward to the game and will definitely go and watch the match.*
“Obviously there’s a lot of talent in the England squad and I want to see us do well.”
women-l229-1345375.jpg

Luke Tyler, the girls’ participation officer responsible for running the session, believed having a footballing role model present was a real inspiration to the young footballers.
“The buzz the visit created among the girls and the parents was fantastic. It is really important for young girls who play football to have role models to look up to, so to have had Hannah and Cally there talking about her experience of being a young female footballer will be a huge inspiration to all the girls that took part.”
Tickets are still available for the England Women international at the Amex on April 5th. Click here to buy tickets.
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here