Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

UK TV is OFFICIALLY Rubbish

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Instead of being banished to the kitchen or bedroom to watch the footy, Mrs P has graciously allowed it on the main telly as there is (and I quote her here) f*&@ all else on! :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Used to think our TV wasn't much cop, then I lived in Australia for a few years and craved it..

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can confirm Australian tv is worse than shit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Fancy letting the wife dictate whats on telly - man or mouse?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
squeak squeak! pass the cheese...I live alone so what is on telly is my choice...do love the documentry channels though....when Albion are not on TV.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I used to love The chasers war on everything. Do those guys still do anything on TV or have they burnt all their media bridges?

They are still going, still the best thing on offer. Last thing of note was called the hamster wheel.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fancy letting the wife dictate whats on telly - man or mouse?

I normally prefer to go and watch footy in another room, thus avoiding inane drivel about Corro, Eastenders or Towie between her and daughter

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ha.

This one had me cracking up first time I saw it.

Seem to remember an episode of the Chasers when they breached security at the APEC summit posing as Bin Laden, it was very good. The worse thing about Australian TV is their sports coverage, it takes country bias to a whole new level..

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The more you travel around, the more you realise that UK TV is the best in the world. Americans produce some excellent shows but the adverts ruin nearly everything. I have found myself watching Mr. Bean, Eastenders and the Weakest Link on BBC entertainment because they are 100 times better than any shite on Kenyan TV.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
The more you travel around, the more you realise that UK TV is the best in the world. Americans produce some excellent shows but the adverts ruin nearly everything. I have found myself watching Mr. Bean, Eastenders and the Weakest Link on BBC entertainment because they are 100 times better than any shite on Kenyan TV.

Is it possible you were drawn to watching them due to the comfort that familiarity brings?

I've known people who travel to the USA with work still end up watching Eastenders, even though they hate it when here, just because it's a little like being home.

Of course, Kenyan TV could just be diabolical.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I can confirm Australian tv is worse than shit.

Wow....for once I agree with your comment! Seriously for the time I was out there the only thing I watched in it's entirety was 'Underbelly'. Tried watching cricket, but to break for adverts during an over made it impossible, do they still do it?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Is it possible you were drawn to watching them due to the comfort that familiarity brings?

I've known people who travel to the USA with work still end up watching Eastenders, even though they hate it when here, just because it's a little like being home.

Of course, Kenyan TV could just be diabolical.

Bit of both I guess. It does feel strangely comforting watching Eastenders even though I know it is crap. Kenyan TV is amazingly bad, it looks like it is made on a camcorder from 1992 complete with inaudible fuzzy sound.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here