Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Potholes: What exactly do they do?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Drove over one on the Bramber bypass the other evening and the little shite stick broke my tyre like a ragdoll in the jaws of a pit bull.

Potholes need to be stopped now. We need to keep our roads smooth for the people. Otherwise, I'll start a revolution from my bed.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Drove over one on the Bramber bypass the other evening and the little shite stick broke my tyre like a ragdoll in the jaws of a pit bull.

Potholes need to be stopped now. We need to keep our roads smooth for the people. Otherwise, I'll start a revolution from my bed.

I had the same happen to me recently. Make a claim against WSCC for the damage, they are responsible for the roads and they will have insurance anyway to protect against these issues.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I had the same happen to me recently. Make a claim against WSCC for the damage, they are responsible for the roads and they will have insurance anyway to protect against these issues.

Were you successful in claiming this way?

MarioOrlandi

Jun 4, 2013
WSCC guide to pot holes when claiming.
1 Very small = salt & pepper pothole
2 Slightly bigger = milk pan pothole
3 next size up = saucepan if it is deep or frying pan if shallow
Etc etc until you reach cauldron.
Now for health and safety reasons were there any potholers inside when you ran over it? This being the case then you could be liable for a careless driving charge.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Were you successful in claiming this way?

Yes, but it happened to me in Putney not Sussex. When I got the tyre replaced the guy doing it casually asked me how it happened so I told him, and he instantly said contact the council and make a claim. So I did, and they were very helpful and sent me an insurance claim form to fill in, 3 weeks later a cheque arrived.

WSCC guide to pot holes when claiming.
1 Very small = salt & pepper pothole
2 Slightly bigger = milk pan pothole
3 next size up = saucepan if it is deep or frying pan if shallow
Etc etc until you reach cauldron.
Now for health and safety reasons were there any potholers inside when you ran over it? This being the case then you could be liable for a careless driving charge.

East Sussex use balls - "Larger than a football" being the biggest.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
They make me want to withhold some of my council tax ( the percentage of which goes towards highway repair ) Can of worms being opened I realise.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Here's a little tip: If you hover your mouse over the thread before clicking it, it'll show you the first sentence. If you don't like the look of it you don't have to click. It's like magic :mad:

Ahhh bless ya! I was actually paying the OP a compliment, i found it to be a very cool story. Whats the problem with that?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Ahhh bless ya! I was actually paying the OP a compliment, i found it to be a very cool story. Whats the problem with that?

Thank you, it is a cool story, agreed. Are you still on your provisional licence, therefore, only allowed to drive under the supervision of an adult? In which case, this thread is probably not for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here