Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
lingard-l229-1399952_478x359.jpg

Jesse Lingard revealed he could have joined Liverpool

PUBLISHED
17:37 5th March 2014
by Luke Nicoli
I got on well with the coaches at United and had a lot of friends there, so my choice was made and it’s paid off so far"
Jesse Lingard
Renew your season ticket before 5pm on Thursday 13th*March to secure your seat!****************
This applies to upfront payers only.

Jesse Lingard has revealed that he could have joined Liverpool instead of rivals Manchester United.
The forward, who joined Albion last week on loan from the Old Trafford club, had to choose between the clubs – but said it was an easy decision in the end.
“I was travelling up and down the motorway, training with both Liverpool and United, and when I got to nine I had to make a decision,” he told Seagull, the club’s matchday programme. “In my last*
sessions at Liverpool I was not really enjoying it and I got on well with the coaches at United and had a lot of friends there, so my choice was made and it’s paid off so far.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Lingard, 21, also hopes to break into the United side upon his return and fulfil a prophesy set by former United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.
“He sat down with me and my dad when he was manager and said that I’d probably be ready for the first team at 22. If I can get there before then though, that’ll be great.”
*Read the full four-page interview with Jesse in Saturday’s edition of Seagull, available at the stadium, and priced at £3.50.*
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here