Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

High protein diets significantly increase your risk of developing cancer in your 50s.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Someone created a Facebook page listing all the articles in the Daily Mail which tell you what you should or shouldn't eat. I seem to recall they contradicted each other so in conclusion, we can't eat anything and we're all f*cked.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
From the article :

British experts, however, questioned the findings and said the best way of warding off cancer is to not smoke, keep to a healthy weight, drink in moderation and keep active.

Or, 'No sh*t, Sherlock'

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
From the article :

British experts, however, questioned the findings and said the best way of warding off cancer is to not smoke, keep to a healthy weight, drink in moderation and keep active.

Or, 'No sh*t, Sherlock'

Apparently when they tested Bear shit in the woods, they found it was full of nutrients from all the berries nuts and fish they eat.

Aug 23, 2011

The guardian at least qualify it with this statement "However, nutrition experts have cautioned that it's too early to draw firm conclusions from the research."

Additionally none of the articles really tell you anything apart from you're twice as likely to die if you eat lots of meat but what is the chance of dying that has doubled? Is it 1 in 1000 that has doubled to 2 in 1000 or 1 in 10,000 doubled to 2 in 10,000?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Having been there, done that, got the t-shirt, you have every ounce of my sympathy. Never known post-op pain like it in my life.

It's been vile, 5 doctor visits at home and an ambulance to a + e! Getting there just really slow, surgeon said 7-14 days my GP said 4-6 weeks :lol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Someone created a Facebook page listing all the articles in the Daily Mail which tell you what you should or shouldn't eat. I seem to recall they contradicted each other so in conclusion, we can't eat anything and we're all f*cked.

Which is why I so helpfully linked to another source which includes a reference to the actual paper yourself so you can read and come to your own conclusions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here