Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Crowd for Reading

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Isn't there normally a thread by now where someone has diligently counted nearly every available seat for sale on the club website, carefully researched the likely away attendance and come up with a highly scientific estimate of the crowd for the upcoming fixture?

Regardless, some playoff flirtations and involvement aside, this could be our biggest crowd of the remaining fixtures....

- Albion with playoff hopes
- Decent away following from a reasonably well supported, local-ish club
- The sun hopefully coming out to play

All adding up to something over 28,000 for only the second time this season?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Must be the biggest crowd of the season, 29k+, thought it would be QPR but don't think they have sold that many tickets.

Agreed, plus despite QPR being relatively local, a Tuesday night is never going to attract as big a crowd as a Saturday will

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Must be the biggest crowd of the season, 29k+, thought it would be QPR but don't think they have sold that many tickets.

Really? That's proper tinpot. It's hardly a trek of mammoth proportions, or impossible to get home afterwards - plus it's a new ground for them, and I assume they all share Arry's confidence that they're going up; so they may not get another chance for a little while.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
28,648. Still a couple of big blocks in the South to shift, but with decent weather forecast should get a few late sales. Have we given QPR more tickets than Reading or is it that the club haven't put the extra blocks in the South up for sale yet?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
S1F and S1E on sale to Brighton fans would suggest Reading have only sold around 850 - 1000 , There are just over 1000 tickets available to buy for home fans going by the current seating plan .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
28k. Blazing summer temperatures. Massive game. The prospect of Ernest unloading his canon up Beach Hut's Khyber Pass. I'm in.

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Generally speaking, fewer visiting fans come to the Amex on their second or third visits. I've often wondered why but presumably after some have visited once they've crossed it off their list and don't bother coming again. Also, of course, I expect that some others can't be bothered with the Train, Bus or Park & Ride methods of getting to the ground and even though we've all got used to it, it's probably too much hassle for some casual visiting fans. Reading brought 2,373 fans in 2011/12 so if that drops by the same average as other clubs they may still bring around 2,000. As Bournemouth brought 1,668 on their visit this season, presuming the same amount of Albion fans buy tickets, we should expect a crowd of over 28,500 and the highest of the season so far. :amex:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Generally speaking, fewer visiting fans come to the Amex on their second or third visits. I've often wondered why but presumably after some have visited once they've crossed it off their list and don't bother coming again. Also, of course, I expect that some others can't be bothered with the Train, Bus or Park & Ride methods of getting to the ground and even though we've all got used to it, it's probably too much hassle for some casual visiting fans. Reading brought 2,373 fans in 2011/12 so if that drops by the same average as other clubs they may still bring around 2,000. As Bournemouth brought 1,668 on their visit this season, presuming the same amount of Albion fans buy tickets, we should expect a crowd of over 28,500 and the highest of the season so far. :amex:

If Reading only bring 1000 away fans for this match then they are defiantly the tin pot club I always thought they were. I do that journey every game even when we were at Withdean. I will look forward to telling the two Reading fans in my office and my next door neighbour (who I know are not going) what lightweights they are.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I reckon the gate will be around 28,000, perhaps slightly below - but I will say this is exactly the sort of game that most season ticket holders will actually come out for, rather than the yawning gaps we've seen recently (especially the Doncaster game).

The weather is likely to be reasonable , Reading are local(ish) opponents, it's a Saturday game, and there is no real history of trouble and the game is fairly crucial to our play off hopes (and theirs). So if you're already a season ticket holder, the only stayaways will be the ones with an unusual reason for doing so, I should think.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Only the second time this season?

That's a phrase that ten years ago I thought would never again be repeated.

Good times.

Sadly "second time this season" is a phrase my girlfriend uses regularly, well once a year, with a look of trepidation on her face.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Shame there can't be a 'seats occupied' figure as opposed to the 'seats sold' figure that gets flashed up......although as above poster says I suspect it'll be higher this week than usual.....

The word 'massive' is massively overused in football, but this game is, well, massive..........

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Shame there can't be a 'seats occupied' figure as opposed to the 'seats sold' figure that gets flashed up......although as above poster says I suspect it'll be higher this week than usual.....

The word 'massive' is massively overused in football, but this game is, well, massive..........

but less massive than it looked like being few weeks back

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Reading's away support is poor, both in numbers and noise. The year they won the league their average following was something like 700/800.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here