Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham Festival

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well this time next week we'll already be a quarter of the way through the festival.

So post any tips or your fancies here....

Also, hasn't someone done a fantasy Cheltenham league in the past?? If so, sort it out.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
keeping my nose dry this week ready for next week ,the ground will be the most crucial factor this year

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
absolutely buzzing - I live in Cheltenham and am going to the preview evening on Sunday to get the week started off nicely

going Tuesday and Friday this year, much more excited about the Tuesday, has some cracking races, in particular the Champion Hurdle.

Weather looks brilliant currently which will only favour Bobs Worth in the GC you'd think. Not sure Conti will get up the hill.

day 1 for me will be on Hurricane Fly, Vatour & maybe Trifolium in the Arkle.

There has been a competition last few years called Fantasy Nags which I believe was set up by an NSC'er which incorporated all of the 5 main festivals. believe I read that last year would be the end of that though - shame!

Jul 7, 2003
Kid Cassidy to beat Sire de Grugy.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Have got the best set of ante post bets I've ever had, just hope some of them oblige. Some of these were backed as early as last March.

Champion Hurdle - The New One 14/1 & 9/1, Our Connor 9/1.
Mares - Sirene D'Ainay 14/1 each way
Festival Handicap - Hadrians Approach 16/1
National Hunt Chase - Shutthefrontdoor 10/1
Neptune - Faugheen 16/1 & 12/1 & Red Sherlock 14/1
Fred Winter - Katgary 14/1
JLT - Double Ross 16/1
Pertemps - Utopie Des Bordes 25/1 each way
Stayers - Big Bucks 3/1
Albert Bartlett - Kings Palace 20/1 - NAP of the week - can't see it being beaten.
Gold Cup & Champion Hurdle - Bobs Worth & The New One 36/1 double
Grand Annual - Mr Mole 16/1 & 12/1 - really like this one - he's been running with the handbrake on, will like the better ground, AP is on him and will be looking for a JP McManus hat-trick in this race. This will go off favourite.

Have a few non-runners but not many, most covered by the non runner free bet offer from Victor or NRNB.

Unfortunately, I have to work this week but have managed to get Tuesday and Friday afternoons off.

Good luck everyone.

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Going all week, going to be expensive ... need some winners. Some ideas below now most bookies offer nrnb

Tuesday

champion hurdle - jezki
NH Chase - Midnight Prayer
Novice handicap chase - The Romford Pele

Wednesday

RSA - smad place and le bec
Coral cup - vendor
Cross Country - Star Neuville
Fred Winter - Dispour

Thursday

Pertemps - Imperial Leader

Friday

Triumph - Pearl castle
County - Montbazon *nap
Albert B - Port Melon - huge price at 33's / 40's
Grand Annual - Mr Mole

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Had a winning festival before it started but I'm a 'dirty arber'

£10 Quevega @ 4/1 Corals layed @ 1.8 £20 guaranteed

£10 Bobsline @ 4/1 888 layed @ 3.2 £12 profit

£10 Irving @ 2/1 Paddy Power ( money back if 2,3 or 4) £20 free bet on the Albion @ evens today layed @ 2.02 £9.60 profit

Still the weekend to find more generous bookies :) good luck all

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I backed 'Un de Sceaux' on betfair at 31-1 for the Champion Hurdle after seeing it absolutely thrash a pretty damn good field in Ireland in December. Now down to 20s on Betfair and 10s on WillHill. It is a quality animal and must be worth a place at least.

TNBA

TTF

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Anyone else heard noises about al ferof going back into the GC?

Hoping my fever/fly double gets me going Tuesday and it all falls into place from there!

enterprise

Jul 12, 2010
Agree with the below. looks like it's completely set up for the race. The race it won, it kind of won by mistake and god bless AP but he's tried very hard to hit every fence to date to limit the handicap mark. The price will continue to plummet in next few days

Talking of AP, rumour has it he's trying to confirm the ride on Ballyalton in the Neptune. If he's confirmed all the 16's will be a distant memory so probably a good back to lay

Have got the best set of ante post bets I've ever had, just hope some of them oblige. Some of these were backed as early as last March.

Grand Annual - Mr Mole 16/1 & 12/1 - really like this one - he's been running with the handbrake on, will like the better ground, AP is on him and will be looking for a JP McManus hat-trick in this race. This will go off favourite.

Good luck everyone.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I have heard they are already considering using sprinklers as the soggy ground is drying out quickly. Hard to believe.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I was out running this morning and met the ex owner of Caravan Rolls On. He gave me this surprising snippet of information.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here