Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.B.C 3 to be axed ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's gone downhill MASSIVELY, but will BBC4 continue? Strange if so.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
It serves a useful purpose. Keeps the riff-raff off BBC2 and BBC4.

Agreed. It's awful tripe for idiots. BBC4 on the other hand has become an institution since it launched. If they ever dabbled with that then I would refuse to pay my license.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
BBC 3 has had some very good stuff. Some decent and thought-provoking documentaries pitched at young people, some decent comedy too (Gavin and Stacey started on BBC3, for example). The problem is, they have also had a lot of rubbish - 'Snog, Marry, Avoid' and 'Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents' are two examples.

I actually think having a channel aimed at young people is a good thing. It was the quality of a lot of the programmes that is the problem. BBC3 patronised a lot of their target audience by screening crap.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I don't mind BBC 3 - it has a purpose if i fancy watching something like Family Guy or Dr Who (they repeat those often) and there's occasionally some funny stuff on there. Not much, but some.

The main thing i'd miss is their music coverage during the festival season. Again, it isn't awesome but it's far better than just getting an hour or so on BBC1/2.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's gone downhill MASSIVELY, but will BBC4 continue? Strange if so.

This is what the campaign is all about , save BBC3 so that BBC4 is culled instead.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Mighty Boosh
The Smoking Room
Monkey Dust
Gavin & Stacey

It DID produce some good comedies in the first couple of years.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think BBC3 along with Radio1 is the most pointless of the BBC's output (apart from 1Extra).

They're very similiar to what is provided on commercial TV and radio stations.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
it needs a reboot and they need to commission some good comedies and documentaries by reputable writers and producers - the crap they are serving up like bad education and pramface are just awful. But as above, it has had some greats.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Personally, I can't stand BBC3.

However, the message the BBC send out saving the middle aged, middle class, mainly white BBC 6 Music, whilst dispensing with the young, working class, ethnically diverse BBC 3 is one they should probably consider.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Personally, I can't stand BBC3.

However, the message the BBC send out saving the middle aged, middle class, mainly white BBC 6 Music, whilst dispensing with the young, working class, ethnically diverse BBC 3 is one they should probably consider.

But the BBC is supposed to provide output that isn't provided by the commercial sector.

The only channels vaguely like BBC4 is Sky Arts which isn't free and is mainly music.
BBC3 overlaps with E4, ITV, ITV2, SkyOne, Fox, Watch, Gold, Living and a lots of other satellite ones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here