Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sport on t'internet = poor quality

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Well it's just referring to Lingard's goal stats for the season, probably pulled from some other stats site. He does have six goals, it just happens that none of them are for us yet.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, I see Dale Stephens has chipped in with three, too. They just carry them across from whichever club they came from. Quite common.

But never mind all that, the top story on that page is about a 20mph zone in Brighton and Hove :dunce:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Poor picture choice.jpg

:facepalm:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But never mind all that, the top story on that page is about a 20mph zone in Brighton and Hove :dunce:

That's to help save all the hammy trouble

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Ha !

I've emailed the editor of BBC sport to ask about the 20mile and hour story appearing in the Albion index . I'll report back here.
This is pretty rare. . I look at this page a lot and i think this is the first time a news story has appeared in the index with no ref to the Albion although to be fair its about Brighton of course.

The other oops are fair enough i think and due to the BBC suppliers. The goal stats/appearances are in line with most other sites and there is a disclaimer saying its from "all games"
the picture isn't exactly an error. Orlandi and SD did play in the match and SD was the scorer. Again it must be down to the supplier Getty. Also pretty rare as i'd say nearly every match report bar a couple this season has featured as the top picture an appropriate pic from the match itself.

(I work at the BBC)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

I emailed the editor. Its now removed. Its automated to aggregate all Albion stories but clearly went a bit wrong there.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I worked at the Beeb and kind of involved with setting up all this aggregation stuff.

Its a good idea, rather than some bored editor adding pages to an index manually it all happens automagically. Always going to be some oddness slips through the net though!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here