Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match trains

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Is it a free for all at the station after the final whistle or are there 2 separate queues i.e. one for those heading back into Brighton and another for those heading in the opposite direction?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Seperate queues for Brighton trains and Lewes trains.
Lewes over the Bridge, Brighton past the bridge.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Queues are also well managed, and you should get on a train within 45 mins (or less).

Queues are also well managed, and you should get on a train within 45 mins (or less).

Ambled out of stadium after the Wigan game, just missed one train to Lewes, got on the next one (8 car to Seaford) even got a seat. Had to do the scramble bit at Lewes as got on too near the back but still on my way home within around 45' of leaving after the final whistle. Never had any problems to speak of.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
45 minutes? Why is it taking you that long? I've only ever waited 20 at most

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
45 mins is the absolute maximum, it's usually much quicker. Only twice have I waited around 35-45 mins, and they were both night games.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
much much better than season before,max 25 min wait

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Trains are superb . As mentioned 20 mins tops or stay for 1 beer and virtually no que. Probably que longer for a beer in the north after the game .

Away fans guide still has moans about trains but grossly unfair as the system works brilliantly

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A bit of advice for those that travel East. If you're getting off at Lewes get into one of the first 5 carriages. If you're going to Seaford or Eastbourne get into the back 3.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Trains much better than they were initially. Not much fun waiting in the rain though.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Longest I've had to wait is about 20 mins. If leaving on the final whistle, you can usually be at Brighton station within 30 mins.

I think the transport set up is now really good. There are not many 20-30k grounds where you can get to a mainline station within that time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Usually back in Lewes within 20 mins of final whistle (yes, leaving AFTER it). Can be a bit longer on a Tuesday night but not much. Well stewarded

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here