Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rise of Sheffield United

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
...were toilet two months ago. Bottom four, in fact.

Eight straight wins later and they're just 8 points behind tonight's defeated opponents, Peterborough, with 13 to play. Unbelievable turnaround.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nigel Clough is continuing the good work he started at Derby.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
not to mention,probably be in the FA Cup Semi Finals come Sunday

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
It is a great turn around, they were truly awful at the beginning of the season.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
...were toilet two months ago. Bottom four, in fact.

Eight straight wins later and they're just 8 points behind tonight's defeated opponents, Peterborough, with 13 to play. Unbelievable turnaround.

It's a funny thing, it shows you can compete in the league and the cup.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's a funny thing, it shows you can compete in the league and the cup.

Although their charge up the table is likely to be halted because of the cup fixture! Of the four teams above them competing for 6th place, Peterborough are at home to Crewe so they won't slip up, Swindon and MK Dons play each other, meaning that at least one of them will put more distance between themselves and Sheff Utd. However, Walsall do look like missing out on points as they are at home to Wolves.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Nigel Clough is continuing the good work he started at Derby.

Well, if you believe "collateral form" then it says an awful lot for the skills of Steve McClaren. Derby were 14th when Clough was sacked, now 3rd.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Easy to be wise after the event, isn't it? Sheffield United should've had a 3rd goal too, as that offside decision where the player put the ball in the net after the initial shot against the post was a bad call, as he was at worst level.

after the event,prediction was made on the 4th March???

Charlton & Sheff Utd are heading in different directions,more than likely be a league fixture next season,it was no great surprise

I don't know,but they probably started favourites at the bookies

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
after the event,prediction was made on the 4th March???

Charlton & Sheff Utd are heading in different directions,more than likely be a league fixture next season,it was no great surprise

I don't know,but they probably started favourites at the bookies

They did. But as stated in my first post, Charlton had beaten Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield away to get to the last 8, both of whom are above the Blades in the league pyramid, added to which Charlton beat QPR less than a month ago. Had they brought that form into their match yesterday, they should at least have taken the game back to The Valley. As it was, Sheffield United wanted it more and Charlton were well beaten on the day. Although Charlton have off-field problems at the moment, I expect them to stay up this season by winning some of their games in hand. They have a good manager and I see 3 worse teams in the Championship than them.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
They did. But as stated in my first post, Charlton had beaten Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield away to get to the last 8, both of whom are above the Blades in the league pyramid, added to which Charlton beat QPR less than a month ago. Had they brought that form into their match yesterday, they should at least have taken the game back to The Valley. As it was, Sheffield United wanted it more and Charlton were well beaten on the day. Although Charlton have off-field problems at the moment, I expect them to stay up this season by winning some of their games in hand. They have a good manager and I see 3 worse teams in the Championship than them.

I hope they stay up too,very likeable manager and a decent day out

big game Saturday,if they lose to Millwall the pressure will really be on

too late for Sheff Utd this season,but they're start as one of the favourites for promotion next season

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
too late for Sheff Utd this season,but they're start as one of the favourites for promotion next season

Sheffield United were always going to pick up eventually after Nigel Clough took over. Their main difficulty the past season or 2 has been the lack of a consistent, regular goalscorer since Ched Evans was sent to jail. Looks like they are beginning to solve that problem.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here