Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argies

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
As much as I grew up learning to hate them is anyone else really looking forward to watching them in the World Cup?

I think this years could be one of the best for ages. Also a top Brazil team, Spain ageing playing really well but the players cannot have had a break for 6 years now inc conf cup etc and teams like Portugal and Germany with something to prove.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not really

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we win the group we will probably have to beat Spain , Argentina and Brazil or Germany to win it. Think that's how it worked out with Germany , holland , Brazil on the other side if we are runners up .

2 nd round game would be winnable whatever so would take quarters if offered it now

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Germany's year.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I've nothing against them. Except when we play them, then it's more of an issue.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The winners
Argentina 78 was unbelievable all round & Italia 90 from England's point of view gave me matches and nights out with friends that are talked about a ludicrous amount compared to anything else that happened in surrounding years. All others WC since have not come close to the theatre of those two
If you have the chance go, if you don't book the month off, it will be sensational

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
England will Def win the world cup

One things for sure, the media will go on and on about the over optimistic expectations of the 'fans', when in fact the fans know that we'll probably lose in the early knock out stages, but the media and pundits exist in their bubble and will convince themselves that the fans are really starting to believe that 'this is the year'....

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The winners
Argentina 78 was unbelievable all round & Italia 90 from England's point of view gave me matches and nights out with friends that are talked about a ludicrous amount compared to anything else that happened in surrounding years. All others WC since have not come close to the theatre of those two
If you have the chance go, if you don't book the month off, it will be sensational

Disagree Mexico 86 probably the best ever .
More recently 2002 was excellent

The last World Cup was a stinker though . That awful noise and dreadful group games . Failed

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Lovely people, amazing country. Why hate them?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I always think Argentina will do well, and generally they will bulldoze some poor souls at some point, before going down 1-0 to one of the other favourites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here