Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nottingham Forest - wheels falling off?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I had a quick listen to the Radio Nottingham post-match phone-in. The consesus is they are on the way out of the play-off positions.

They do have a number of injuries - but they did look good at the Amex.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bahahahahahahaha.

I like to think that in considering an appropriate punishment, the FA blazers took a leisurely look at yesterday's NSC poll, which found that nearly two thirds of users despised Davies the most out of all the managers in the Championship.

NSC is truly a force for good :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On that note, it would be funnier still if he got sacked before his five match ban was complete.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So he got the same for swearing at a ref as Ince got for threatening to attack a linesman and having to be physically stopped from doing so?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
So he got the same for swearing at a ref as Ince got for threatening to attack a linesman and having to be physically stopped from doing so?

I'm sure they took the fact that he's Billy Davies into account.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I recall the last Forest game of last season when they had failed to gain promotion and Davies refused to attend the post match press conference because he said it was more important to meet the match sponsors. More like avoiding an uncomfortable cross examination from the press as to why he had failed. He likes to dish out abuse to others so I'd like to have seen footage of him being held accountable and getting a grilling - but he sidestepped it. Speaks volumes about him.

He will have even less excuse this season, with all the resources at his disposal. Ok they have a rash of injuries but are also better equipped than most to endure it too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In some respects, it's handy for him, as he has a new excuse now in case he fails to get them promoted.

Injuries (ha!), lack of signings (good one, Billy), referees, teams raising their game, and now the Evil FA conspiring against poor suffering Forest.

Don't sack me, Mr Kuwaiti Billionaire, it's nae my fault!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

He's already been banned & fined this season for another confrontation with an official (v Wigan) so I presume that counts against him. Along with "genetic propensity to be a weasel-faced-arse".

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He's already been banned & fined this season for another confrontation with an official (v Wigan) so I presume that counts against him. Along with "genetic propensity to be a weasel-faced-arse".

Do I get the impression that he is not on your 'would' list Edna?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
What does touchline ban mean? I know he's not allowed in the dug out but is he allowed in the changing rooms before and during half time for pep talks?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Wouldn't it be delightful if we win at their ground on the final day to secure a playoff place at their expense?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wouldn't it be delightful if we win at their ground on the final day to secure a playoff place at their expense?

That would be so sweet.

Even if we aren't in the frame ourselves it would be quite tasty if we can deny Forest a play off place.

Either way we might witness Davies imploding.

It did occur to me that by the beginning of May the roles might be reversed - given their current form it might be them looking to deny us a play off place - eeek.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It did occur to me that by the beginning of May the roles might be reversed - given their current form it might be them looking to deny us a play off place - eeek.

I still think they'll hang in there. They have a huge squad, which they appear to have spent FFP-defying amounts on, and plenty of experienced players, no matter how much Davies craps on about their injuries. They'd have to have a monumentally bad end to the season, and I just don't see that happening. They might lose a couple, draw a few, but they should comfortably win enough to nail down the play off place.

If you're listening, football Gods, feel free to surprise me on that front though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here