Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Froch vs Groves at Wembley 31.05.14

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Will they fill it?

Largest crowd for a boxing match in this country was 55,000 in 2008 for Hatton's homecoming v Lazcano, Eddie Hearn is predicting 80,000 but I think he will need to get the ticket prices right for that.

Groves blitz inside 6 rounds otherwise same result as last time.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Will they fill it?

Largest crowd for a boxing match in this country was 55,000 in 2008 for Hatton's homecoming v Lazcano, Eddie Hearn is predicting 80,000 but I think he will need to get the ticket prices right for that.

Groves blitz inside 6 rounds otherwise same result as last time.

Lowest ticket prices are £30. The upper tier is not being sold yet, so the initial target is 50,000.

Want to lump all my moolah on the obvious result, but have a feeling Froch will pull out. Surely he will...

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lowest ticket prices are £30. The upper tier is not being sold yet, so the initial target is 50,000.

Want to lump all my moolah on the obvious result, but have a feeling Froch will pull out. Surely he will...

What are the prices Mr B? Planning a bit of a day out.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
They'll be released on Matchroom Sport next Monday. Think Fast Car said the cheapest are £30, but decent view will probably be more like £120.

I'd leave it until the start of May if you're buying cheap seats, cos they're unlikely to sell out and it'll save you getting stung for booking fees if the fight gets called off in the meantime.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Groves just tweeted he is in London applying for a managers licence. There is an argument that Froch took Groves too lightly in the first fight, Groves seems intent on distracting himself from the job in hand. If things go wrong for him, he could end up as welcome in boxing circles as Terry Marsh.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
60,000 tickets sold in 60 mins!
They're going to sell the top tier now.

Did anyone get a ticket?
I was on the seetickets website for 30 mins and was unable to get the tickets I wanted.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Nope, was trying from three diff PC's at work this morning for a good 45 minutes and didn't get a sniff. 2 tickets on ebay already up to £235!! £44 tickets started auction at £150!! Shouldn't be allowed, Its gonna be ridiculous!

Dec 29, 2011
Tickets haven't been sold but gone to touts and agents plus the boxers to sell

This. I'd like to think no-one will buy them and the touts will be left with a large hole in their pocket, but of course people will fork out 4 - 5x the original price to see something they can see on TV anyway.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Tickets haven't been sold but gone to touts and agents plus the boxers to sell

I had a colleague on speed dial from 12 till 130, line was constantly engaged. Does this mean if I ring Froch or Groves they will be able to get me two together?

And then what do you know, I log into my hotmail account, the one I registered for tickets via Matchroom, and I've already got an email offering me tickets for sale at an inflated price.

Then again should I expect anything less from the Hearns?

Last edited:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I simply refuse to purchase the £30 tickets in the clouds, as the views will be awful. You'll have to take binculars with you to see the fighters in action.
I would rather purchase the package at home and invite mates round to watch it.
I really hope the touts get stung on this fight, I hope people won't pay triple or quadriple face value on the tickets. The media bandwagon and the trash talking has'nt really began yet!!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
I had a colleague on speed dial from 12 till 130, line was constantly engaged. Does this mean if I ring Froch or Groves they will be able to get me two together?

And then what do you know, I log into my hotmail account, the one I registered for tickets via Matchroom, and I've already got an email offering me tickets for sale at an inflated price.

Then again should I expect anything less from the Hearns?

Always better to buy online than over the phone, particularly today - there wasn't a limit on how many people could buy in one transaction via the blower. Fast Car says he is going to put the other 20,000 on sale soon, you'll have no problem if you go for them online.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here