Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Throw Russia out of the Eurovison?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Anything that gives us more chance of winning. Kick out all the ex Soviet countries and those odd Balkan ones too. I am sure we can find a political reason of some sort.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the contrary, keep them in - the marking will be a right hoot. If I was a betting man I'd go large on Russia to win Eurovision in 2014. If the Crimea is anything to go by, every Iron Curtain mini-state will be filling their pants and so sure to give the Russkys "douze points".

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
On the contrary, keep them in - the marking will be a right hoot. If I was a betting man I'd go large on Russia to win Eurovision in 2014. If the Crimea is anything to go by, every Iron Curtain mini-state will be filling their pants and so sure to give the Russkys "douze points".

Interesting idea but you can't legislate for a wild card country like Turkey having a man playing his organ whilst a women dances suggestively infront of him, storming the competition.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Our entrance is horshit from an unknown so we have thrown the towel in before it started.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Russia, 16/1 with Betfred.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Our entrance is horshit from an unknown so we have thrown the towel in before it started.

It will suffer that fate of all our recent entries,to die on its arse. Dorsey did no better than the unknowns.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I reckon we should send Bucks Fizz over to the Ukraine and threaten a
nationwide tour of the country. Putin and company be out of that country
quicker than it takes to drop a cup of coffee. The downside of course is
that so will half of Ukraine.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Or let Russia win it and on the night invade Russia with every Danny La Rue impersonator from Kemptown to Manchester!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Russia, 16/1 with Betfred.

Easy money US - you know it makes sense. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, Georgia = 120 points right there without raising a musket, not to mention the western "Iron Curtain" and Balkans.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
If only Eurovision was around in 1914 and 1939. We could have stopped two world wars by threatening to throw Germany out of Eurovision.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Ooohhhhh that would show them. I bet they are really worried now

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'd rather just abandon the whole show. Waste of time, money and unnecessarily extending Graham Norton's career

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't be certain, but I have a strong feeling that Putin enjoys a bit of eurovision.....
Putin_Horse.jpg_w300h298.jpg

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its the ultimate CAMPfest and I mean its not as if Russia like 2 women kissing and men strutting their stuff. Putin (as from the above post) would be devastated.

Still, at least we may not finish bottom......actually, even with Russia being MASSIVE dicks - they could still beat us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here