eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Your thoughts, please...

Oscar.jpg

Personally, I think it's a BIG no no.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not usually one to be touchy about stuff like this but using the death of a young woman to try and take some gamblers money seems pretty low and un thought through.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm amazed they've been stupid enough to do this. How incredibly tasteless.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Harriet Harman's son thinks it's hilarious. He works in marketing for Paddy Power.

99dthl.png

...He also does Man Utd plane crash jokes too although for some reason deleted that one.

But his mummy will be proud because he doesn't like homophobia. Just domestic violence and jokes about plane crashes.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
It's very much genuine and it's unbelievably stupid and tasteless, even for an organisation that seems to have a history of doing anything to bring itself publicity. This is one occasion where they have scored an own goal.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I consider myself to have a very high threshold when it comes to being offended or shocked by anything however that is incredibly crass and in very poor taste. Still I guess they know their market and it will undoubtedly strike a chord with their gibbering client base.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very poor indeed.

Haven't they got form here? Pretty sure they've had other marketing campaigns that, while not as offensive as this, created the impression of a company not averse to cheap stunts at someone's expense.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very poor indeed.

Haven't they got form here? Pretty sure they've had other marketing campaigns that, while not as offensive as this, created the impression of a company not averse to cheap stunts at someone's expense.

Yes, generally they act with the attitude that " There is no such thing as bad publicity ". Poor taste but they will ride it out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here