• Other (please state)

Votes: 31 12.8%
  • Jamie Carragher

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By popular request (erm, one), following the Championship manager poll, your choice of worst/ most irritating/ annoying/ generally useless TV pundit please. In the interests of balance, I've stuck all the main protagonists in- I think- so please don't think I'm saying they're all crap...

Another tough call, I suspect. There's at least two on here who are prime candidates for me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I did ponder for a while whether Townsend counted, as he tends to co-commentate more often than not, but I decided he does occasionally bring his, er, expertise to the studio sofa, and in any case, Lawro frequently sits alongside the commentator too.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
If we're not including past pundits (Ron Atkinson)then Townsend all day long for his un-endingly tedious manner. The real answer though is any pundit who is chosen because he used to play for one of the two sides involved and then goes on to display brazen bias towards that side.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Unless you live in Toxteth there is not much point in having Jamie Carragher as a pundit unless you have the subtitles on .

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Mark-Bright.jpg

How on earth has this PRICK not made it into the selections?
Biased, smug, thick and extremely dull in equal measure.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Another one for Carragher. Shame he wasn't included in poll as would stroll it.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I never have any problems understanding Jamie Carragher. Don't always agree with him, but he usually has something interesting to say.

Not a fan of any of Savage, Townsend, Carlisle or Redknapp. On reflection though, Savage is the most annoying and consistently the least intelligible, so he gets my vote.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Jamie Carragher for me also.
It's like watching a rabbit caught in headlights ... he is so out of place in a TV studio.

He might possibly have something interesting to say but I'll never know because within 10 seconds of him starting I hit the mute button.
What on earth were Sky thinking of?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
View attachment 51751

How on earth has this PRICK not made it into the selections?
Biased, smug, thick and extremely dull in equal measure.

I guess that- perhaps fortunately- he's not on TV regularly enough to have registered on my radar. I agree, he's an irritant, but I suspect that's more to do with his disgusting past than anything else?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Carragher's alright, as is Gary Neville. The ITV boys are a nightmare, especially the boy Townsend. Seems more interested in a soundbite and swapping hilarious little quips with his buddy Tydlesley, than actually passing comment on the game. Lawrenson and Shearer used to really piss me off but Savage does that even more. Like Townsend, seems more interested in building his profile and carving out a media career, than just sitting there and talking knowledgeably about the game in question.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Have added Carragher now as he seems to have been something of a major omission judging by responses so far. Apologies to those who would have voted for him if he'd been there from the start, I'll count your votes towards Jamie at the end :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's a tough one Edna, Savage IS an obnoxious knob and there are others ! but my vote goes to Steve Claridge for persistent whining and talking over other commentators.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's a tough one Edna, Savage IS an obnoxious knob and there are others ! but my vote goes to Steve Claridge for persistent whining and talking over other commentators.

Claridge must have some Australian DNA in him, as I've noticed his tendency to start every sentence with "Look...".

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why's Carra not in the list when the far superior Neville is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here