Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sophos reporting a security issue on NSC

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm aware that Sophos are reporting a "URL subjected to threat Mal/Iframe-AN" issue on NSC.

However, I've scanned the site myself as well as examined NSC's underlying file structures quite closely and I've not found anything untoward.

I'm wondering if there was a rogue ad in the Adsense network that triggered it, possibly connected to the re-direct that some iPhone and iPad users have been getting to 'Game of War' in the AppStore.

However, if you are seeing something dodgy, please do contact me either via PM or email bozza@northstandchat.com

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't this will help, but I have had some adware called "Lyrics-get" suddenly appear on my pc in the last 24 hours. It is one of these adware thingies that pops up when you click. I have no idea where it came from as I have not downloaded anything specific recently.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
is the game of war redirect fixed ??
Must of been there about 30 times

It's kinda out of my control - I've reported it to Google Adsense as have a few other sites.

It seems to be intermittent and only happening to iPhone and iPad users - hence the re-direct to the App Store.

Either use Tapatalk or the mobile version of the site (http://www.northstandchat.com/forum.php?styleid=8) - both of which are significantly better than trying to access full NSC on your phone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm using Google Chrome, on a late 2012 Macbook Pro, all the latest Adobe + Mavericks + Chrome updates installed, and NSC consistently crashes Flash Player for me since the weekend. Have had to revert to Safari for NSC viewing, which is fine, but I wonder if it is related possible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here