Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Farewell to Gary Hart in Sussex

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OGH has been released by Eastbourne Borough. At 37 he's almost certainly played his last game for a Sussex club.

Not the most talented player, but always gave his all for the Albion, and when things were really against us in the dark dark days, he was one of the few things to give us a bit of hope. Some great memories of him will last forever, and fitting that he scored the first goal at the Amex IMO.

Good luck Gary in whatever you do. :bhasign:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My equal favourite Brighton player ever. Best of luck Gary :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I understand GH sometime reads these pages so hopefully he'll read this :

You were one of my all time favouritve players for the Albion - never gave less than 100% - good luck with whatever you do moving forwards. A true Albion legend.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Still miss OGH playing for us - [yt]ZrdC-ujhwwM[/yt]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Didn't he sign for us when we were playing at the Pissfield?

Which would make him one of the very select few to have played there, at Withdean and at the Amex?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Clung in there and barely played under Wilkins, but in typical Gary Hart fashion, he bounced back from the played a massive role in securing our survival under Slade.

No disrespect to forklift truck drivers, but he did well for himself in the end. Weren't we supposed to be watching someone else?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Which would make him one of the very select few to have played there, at Withdean and at the Amex?

Indeed , first goalscorer at both I believe :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Used to be great when a close relative of his (was it his mum?) used to post on here as Summer9, or something similar.

All the best, OGH. :bowdown:

:goal: :goal: :goal:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

stand to be corrected but pretty sure he's the only player

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
373 Albion appearances, according to Wikipedia.

As far as I can see, only Peter O'Sullivan, Des Tennant, Glen Wilson and Norman Gall have ever made more appearances from the Albion, all members of the 400 appearance club. Amazing stuff from the £1000 man.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Total legend. Loved it when on his 300th (I think) game against Millwall he popped up with a really late goal to win it. One of the few times I got an autograph before the game at Withdean and he signed the programme, not a bad game to get his scribble! When we buy a house I have been promised a games room with football theme so that will be up on the wall

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he had moved back to Essex. He did well for us for very little cost, thanks for the memories and hope you have luck in whatever you choose to do.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I will never forget the partnership he formed with Llyod Owusu to keep us in L1. Imagine where we'd be now without that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here