Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Complaint - Game of War ad

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Can't see where this thread should be started, however the "Game of War" ad that sometimes is presented had a sneaky auto-link to the iTunes Store so that anyone viewing on an iPad jumps out of Safari and to the game in the store.

Thought a mod should know that advertisers on this site are using these sneaky tactics.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Can't see where this thread should be started, however the "Game of War" ad that sometimes is presented had a sneaky auto-link to the iTunes Store so that anyone viewing on an iPad jumps out of Safari and to the game in the store.

Thought a mod should know that advertisers on this site are using these sneaky tactics.

If posting from an iPad try tapatalk. Much easier to use and navigate the site

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

I get that on my iPhone too. F***ing annoying!

I uninstalled tapatalk about 10 mins after trying it (ages ago) as I preferred the way I could navigate through Chrome. Might try it again if this stupid ad keeps popping up in the App Store.

Does anyone know if there are settings I can change to stop it happening? (if there aren't, there bloody should be!)

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Thanks all.

How long ago were Google informed? If recently, I'll wait and see? If ages ago I suspect they'll drag their heels for even longer.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Works a treat - looks cleaner too :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports