Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Consumption Rooms

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good idea, but it will never happen.

Also we should look into testing facilities, in clubs and the like, much like they do in Holland. Will reduce the risk of people taking a substance that is not what they thought.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not much point if they bring their own contaminated drugs to the centre themselves. Maybe if they can check the quality in the facility as well it may be useful to the users, though I think the act of injecting is as much as an addiction as the drugs are.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not sure if it helps either way, there is no safe place or method to take illegal drugs without risk.Best to avoid.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do we need those? The current system clearly works :dunce:

I'm sure we had a long discussion when Caroline Lucas mentioned decriminalising drugs and it was fairly split. It would be nice to sort something out as the current system clearly does not work for anyone other than perhaps those involved in organised crime.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yes, a good idea, the most vulnerable people in society should be cared for as much as anyone else. Sadly the powers to be never see it this way, I'd be surprised if this ever happened in the UK.

Last edited:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
#

Why bother stopping people who want to take the risk of killing themselves with drugs.

Because they are human beings who often have other problems that lead to drug abuse

Because they have friends and family

And if that isnt good enough for you read the article, it explains how these sort of schemes reduce the impact drug users have on the rest of society by reducing petty crime and antisocial behaviour.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
True, but there is a simple solution to this. Legalise them, make them safe.

Excellent idea, feel sorry for the police though. It's bad enough having to cope with the drunkards and drug users they already have,most of central Brighton would look like Shaun of The Dead.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
#

Why bother stopping people who want to take the risk of killing themselves with drugs.

My mate spent a weekend in hospital after drinking vodka he bought from a corner shop. It wasn't vodka, it was a bootleg spirit. People have been dying doing this neknominate stuff downing pints of gin. That's legal.

Same principle.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seems a sensible step in the right direction.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
My mate spent a weekend in hospital after drinking vodka he bought from a corner shop. It wasn't vodka, it was a bootleg spirit. People have been dying doing this neknominate stuff downing pints of gin. That's legal.

Same principle.

Agreed, and my response is the same. Idiots will always find a way to get a hit. If it kills them, that's their fault, or are we going to blame somebody else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
#

The thought which comes to mind when reading your posts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Darwinism at work.

The same could be said of people who use drugs to get out of their heads, or even just high, couldn't it?

Humans have sought to use mind altering drugs for thousands of years, originally there was spiritual, ne religious reasons for doing it.

Now it often seems to be nihilistic, the most vulnerable and/or poorest people, taking drugs to escape, destroying their lives by habitually using drugs, becoming addicted, and progressively degenerating, is that not Darwinism of a fashion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here