Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Help! Classic car stolen - 1967 Sunbeam Alpine

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Afternoon all,

Not started a post on here for a good while, but I thought the good community of NSCers around the world might be able to help out here...

My mate's classic car was stolen from a gated car park on the Hackney Road in East London on 24 February. No CCTV, unfortunately.

It's a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine, blue, registration RWJ 666F. Pics pasted below:

469067_10151446539040162_881806850_o.jpgside.jpg

There's been a spate of thefts like this over the last 12 months or so, and I'm wondering whether it might have been stolen to order and possibly shipped abroad.

It's his pride and joy, so if any NSCers into classic cars see it / hear about it or have any information, please call 101 and quote reference 4204707-14. Or send me a PM.

Thanks all :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Are you on twitter? I am sure it could spread quite quickly. If not, perhaps I could post it (or someone with more than my 500 followers).

Do the police not look at CCTV footage around the area for missing cars or do they not have the time/energy?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lovely looking car. Poor bloke must be gutted.

*******s!

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Sorry to hear that, it looks as though there's a market for lovely old stuff like that. A mate of a mate has just had his mid 70's RS2000 stolen from a locked garage in Lightwater, Surrey...Scumbags!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Reckon it is already in a shipping container on the way to Bucharest.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Sorry to hear that, it looks as though there's a market for lovely old stuff like that. A mate of a mate has just had his mid 70's RS2000 stolen from a locked garage in Lightwater, Surrey...Scumbags!

Forgot to add, he's a policeman as well for what it's worth.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I loved the Sunbeam Tiger. Worth a fortune these days.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
My next door neighbour in Saltdean had a white one of these back in the 70's - used it for pulling [not towing].

Hate to be negative but it's now in the same place as Lord Lucan, Shergar and Madeline MaCann - lost without trace

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here