Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC is broken

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For many of us, when we make a new post, we're taken to a blank page - but I assume it's not broken for everyone.

If it helps, I'm using Firefox.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is for me as well. Also using Firefox.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It still posts though. Chrome gives you a window instructing you to reload the site.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
happening here too
and I use firefox

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has anyone paged Bozza yet, this shit is serious.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There's a few sufferers around today, me included.

I have raised it with the Dear Leader, but it's a Monday morning and he is a busy man (I know: selfish), and, I do believe investigating the issue might require taking the site down temporarily. So you'll just have to suck it up for now until he has a suitable window in which to perform a cheeky fix.

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I mention here that attachments still seem to be broken too?

He's aware of that, but as above, requires time to fix it.

That said, the blank screen thing seems to have resolved itself now, at least on my laptop.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've not seen the supposed issue myself yet, nor has NSC been churning about massive error logs as is usually the case when something is amiss.

If I could see the screenshot of, or someone can quote, the error message it might help.

I know attachments are still intermittently an issue. I should probably install the latest version of vBulletin to see if it cures all ills but that's a bit of a pain and will require a reasonable chunk of downtime.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If I could see the screenshot of, or someone can quote, the error message it might help.
The problem seems to have vanished. It wasn't giving the 'Thank you for posting ...' message, it just went straight to a blank page. If it happens again, I shall make notes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've not seen the supposed issue myself yet, nor has NSC been churning about massive error logs as is usually the case when something is amiss.

I know attachments are still intermittently an issue. I should probably install the latest version of vBulletin to see if it cures all ills but that's a bit of a pain and will require a reasonable chunk of downtime.

Will the downtime coincide with the release of iPhone 6 later in the year ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The blank screen thing (and this morning's slowness) seems to have gone now, but, you know, thanks for trying :wink:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The problem seems to have vanished.

All the great man had to do was post on this thread and it disappeared. Incredible.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
All the great man had to do was post on this thread and it disappeared. Incredible.
Impressive. I'll give you impressive, but I can't go as far as incredible. It would be incredible if he posted here often enough that the problem never dared raise it's ugly face.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The attachment I tried to post was from my pc so I still have it. The error was:

"HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error). An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request."

This was using chrome. The post did go up but you had to open another tab and start from opening NSC back up again. Refreshing the tab the error occurred in didn't seem to help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here