Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your least favourite current Championship manager

(Or: who do you hate the most out of this list of morons)

• Nigel Adkins

Votes: 44 13.7%
  • Harry Redknapp

Votes: 35 10.9%
  • Ian Holloway

Votes: 30 9.3%
  • Dougie Freedman

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • Lee Clark

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Eddie Howe

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Billy Davies

Votes: 191 59.5%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well? The Adkins-Redknapp theme popping up on the Reading/QPR thread made me curious.

Which Championship manager most makes you want to punch the TV when he appears?

-Smug-faced Adkins
-The professional saggy-faced Cockney & tax-exempt bulldog fancier
-the greasy-haired Palace-deserter
-Lee "call the Samaritans" Clark
-Eddie Howe (smiley faced Mr Nice Guy routine disguises his utterly cynical tactics in the eyes of the media)
-Ian Holloway and his hilarious "spontaneous" one liners
-Billy Davies (no explanation needed)
-AN Other?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh christ that's difficult. Holloway is an idiot, but it's difficult to hate him as much as some of the others. I'll have a think.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
No brainer for me. The championship's very own Droopy Dawg tribute act Mr Harry 'Bare bones" Redknapp and his suitcase full of excuses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Billy Davies , fractionally ahead of Nadkins.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
PS, the thread title should be changed to Most Hated. Least favourite my arse.

PPS - someone killed NSC. After posting, my page goes blank.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I tell you what. When you see the list in front of you - that is HARD. some proper tosspots right there.

I'm thinking Davies, but it's going to need further consideration.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tell you what. When you see the list in front of you - that is HARD. some proper tosspots right there.

I'm thinking Davies, but it's going to need further consideration.

It IS tough, isn't it? That's EXACTLY what I was thinking when I was composing the list of most likely candidates.

I did think of calling it "Which Championship manager would you most like to punch?" but I feared someone might complain that I was advocating violence (but it would be Davies if that was the case, for the record).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Have two candidates in my mind - but I think mre than enough will vote for Redknapp so have voted for the other one, Holloway.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Out of interest why is Lee Clark on there?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Well I thought I'd give people a decent list of options. And aside from the obvious candidates already discussed, I find Clark quite irritating on TV, with his permanent hangdog expression and miserable post-match interviews about "me lads". He makes me want to give him a slap & tell him to bloody well cheer up.

Just wondered if anyone else thought the same :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never understood people not liking Redknapp, would of loved him to have got the England job and he's always very complimentary about The Albion.

Poor :fishing:

I thought that too, always struck me as a decent human being. Still, someone voted for him

It makes you realise what a shocker Davis must be when he can scores three times as many votes as Adkins and Redknapp put together (and on a list that doesn't even feature Mick "Professional dour Yorkshireman" McCarthy and Schteve "Brolly" McClaren)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It's obviously Jimmy Krankie, the others have obviously annoyed you Brighton fans at some point, but they all have redeeming features of some sort, but he's a different level of odious a**e

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to go for Holloway as my overall winner. From the planned comedy routines to the little beard I'd love to rip from his face, the way he's carved out a semi-decent reputation despite being an utterly shite manager and the horrible sense of self-importance, he ticks plenty of boxes for me as someone it's so easy to hate.

That really is an extremely convincing argument. The media seem to lap up his Mr Wacky routine, whereas I tend to think of him as like the office idiot who thinks he's the epitome of cutting edge of wit, and who tries to convey this visually by wearing a Garfield tie to work ("Hey, look everyone! I'm MAD, me!").

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here