Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Greer: Development Reputation Growing

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-1392533_478x359.jpg

Greer is one of the squad's more experienced heads
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

Renew your season ticket before 5pm on Thursday 13th*March to secure your seat!*****
This applies to upfront payers only.

Club captain Gordon Greer believes the loan signing of Manchester United starlet Jesse Lingard is a sign of other clubs seeing the potential for youth development at Brighton & Hove Albion.
The highly-rated attacker joined on a 93-day loan deal last week from the Premier League champions, making his debut against Millwall on Saturday and Greer was impressed with what he saw.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "It says a lot for Brighton’s reputation [bringing in a player from Man Utd] about being a passing team and a good team, so I believe a lot of managers would like their young players to come here and develop.*

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

"It is great for us to have Jesse on board and he is still young and learning the game but he did really well when he was on loan at Birmingham before.*
"He was unlucky with a chance in the first half [against Millwall] and hopefully he can stick a few goals in for us."
The centre back also commended the Seagulls’ own youth players for their performances when stepping into the first team.
jfc-l229-1392505.jpg

He added, "It is very important for the young players to play for their development and for them to be playing first team football is great and it is against really good opposition.*
"The boys have coped really well and it bodes well for the future of this club. They have all done great and against Millwall, Solly [March] and Jake [Forster-Caskey] came on and both were fantastic."
While the players enjoyed their first Sunday off for a while, there was no rest for Greer as he headed off to join the Scotland squad for a friendly against Poland on Wednesday.*
greer-l229-1392511.jpg

The 33-year-old says he is relishing the opportunity, "I am delighted and it is great to be part of. Hopefully I can get a bit of game time but you know it is a great experience.*
"Even though I am one of the older players it is great for me to go away to the likes of Poland and play, if I do play. I am looking forward to it as it is a massive honour for me to play for Scotland."*
Albion's international call ups: Stephen Ward [Republic of Ireland], Gordon Greer [Scotland], Vitalijs Maksimenko [Latvia], Jesse Lingard [England under-21s], Christian Walton [England under-19s].
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here