Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall away

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
Hi guys.just wanted to say well done for beating millwall on the weekend and good turnout by your supporters as well

I was reading the other thread about fans being kept back after the match and as we are playing them last game of the season i hope we will be the ones relegating them although it could get ugly before/during/after the match

Any tips on where to drink/getting there and general things/areas to avoid.hopefully we will have a good crowd up there

Thanks

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Hi guys.just wanted to say well done for beating millwall on the weekend and good turnout by your supporters as well

I was reading the other thread about fans being kept back after the match and as we are playing them last game of the season i hope we will be the ones relegating them although it could get ugly before/during/after the match

Any tips on where to drink/getting there and general things/areas to avoid.hopefully we will have a good crowd up there

Thanks
Go to London Bridge, tons of good quality pubs there to get refreshed before and after the game. Don't be in a rush after the game, just wait patiently to get let on the train and you'll be fine. Normally one of the better away trips on the calendar.

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
We went to the Shipwrights after the game for the first time. I'd recommend it, especially their recruitment policy.

Just read some reviews and doesn't seem too good haha.go on....

The george inn might be the first choice then

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Well we only went in for one pint but I thought it was good. There are much better pubs in the area but the Shipwrights has no complaints from me. Football on tv, decent size so not rammed and a good selection of drinks.

The George is also a good pub, especially at the end of the season when you can enjoy the large court yard (assuming it's going to be sunny)

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
Well we only went in for one pint but I thought it was good. There are much better pubs in the area but the Shipwrights has no complaints from me. Football on tv, decent size so not rammed and a good selection of drinks.

The George is also a good pub, especially at the end of the season when you can enjoy the large court yard (assuming it's going to be sunny)

Ok many thanks.hopefully the sun will be out for that day

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sadly, the Only Pub in London ((c) NSC) no longer allows football fans in (well, if you're wearing a shirt, a scarf or anything connecting you with a football team that is), so we decanted to the Wheatsheaf just up the way and it was, all-in-all, pretty good.

http://www.wheatsheafborough.co.uk/

andy46

Mar 22, 2012
went in a lovely pub called the ;old thamesider inn, at the back of borough market just past the golden hind ship, they have a large decking area outside overlooking the thames- very sociable-although we weren't wearing colours, and there was no doormen- upmarket reflected in the £4.20 pint. there are some very top end pubs in that area selling food -maybe 5 min walk

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
went in a lovely pub called the ;old thamesider inn, at the back of borough market just past the golden hind ship, they have a large decking area outside overlooking the thames- very sociable-although we weren't wearing colours, and there was no doormen- upmarket reflected in the £4.20 pint. there are some very top end pubs in that area selling food -maybe 5 min walk

We were in there after the game, very expensive, but what an awesome view of the city.

Went in to the Barrow boy & Banker & the Market Porter before the game.. also pretty good pubs but overcrowded would be an understatement

anarchocherry

Nov 28, 2013
Thanks guys.what were their fans like before and after the match? We could be the team relegates them so will need to be a bit more careful.

There was trouble inside the ground during the match and one of their fans hit Steve Cook with a coin and a few police cars got their windows smashed in after the match

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Barrowboy and Banker, right on London Bridge, was full of Albion before the game and the doormen stopped any Millwall coming in. The pub were happy for us to have a good old sing and watch the lunchtime game. It's a Fuller's pub so ale is decent if a bit pricey.

PG

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
The Barrowboy and Banker, right on London Bridge, was full of Albion before the game and the doormen stopped any Millwall coming in. The pub were happy for us to have a good old sing and watch the lunchtime game.

That's what drew us to the Barrowboy, was walking down from London Bridge & all we could hear was "Who's that man from Argentina....."

Had no problems with Millwall fans before or after the match, the only issues I saw was a copper trying to prevent Brighton fans boarding a half empty train, because there were a couple of Millwall fans on it (after we were released from our "prison")

theboybilly

Another vote for the Old Thameside Inn. Walk through the grounds of Southwark Cathedral and turn right once through the far gates (you'll see the replica Golden Hind in the distance) and the pub is right there. About a 5-6 minute walk from London Bridge station. Not cheap, as mentioned before £4ish a pint (Bitter) and a meal will cost £8 to £15. There were Albion fans in there watching the QPR match on tv. It was my first visit to the New Den (I'd been many times to the old place) The trains from LB to South Bermondsey are every 15 minutes at 10, 25, 40 & 55 minutes past the hour. Coming back the police seem to let 2 or 3 trains leave with Millwall fans before allowing the visiting support out. I didn't see one Millwall fan after the game, even at London Bridge station, which surprised me. Reckon on catching a train from 17.30 onwards for an arrival at LB in 4 minutes. (You could get a train in the other direction, changing at Peckham Rye for a London Overground service to Clapham Juction for trains back to Bournemouth.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to recommend the Royal Oak, fantastic oldy worldy pub, Harveys tied house and cheap for London (about £3.70 a pint). 5 - 10 minutes walk from London Bridge.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sadly, the Only Pub in London ((c) NSC) no longer allows football fans in (well, if you're wearing a shirt, a scarf or anything connecting you with a football team that is), so we decanted to the Wheatsheaf just up the way and it was, all-in-all, pretty good.

http://www.wheatsheafborough.co.uk/
I went to the Only Pub in London before the game and I reckon 80% of the clientele were Albion fans!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went to the Only Pub in London before the game and I reckon 80% of the clientele were Albion fans!

We got there at midday, and when a couple of us tried to go in they were told no, due to scarves & coats etc (they weren't wearing replica shirts), so we wandered along to the Wheatsheaf, which was fine and they had no problems at all. One of us did go back for another look in the MP half an hour later, reported back that it was very quiet in there.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I have never had any trouble up at Millwall, both this year and last year went to the George after the game, nice courtyard to sit out in, loads of pubs around London Bridge you'll have a great time.

We went to go to Bunch of Grapes, however apparently it had kicked off in there, maybe not as lovey dovey as I thought.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
We went to The Old Thameside for out first pint on Saturday, lovely to be outside by the river in the sun.

Also should recommend The Rakes just behind Borough Market. Its an Evening Star type of place, so lovely for ales and craft brews, and has an outdoor area too. Seeing as it was St Davids Day, they even had a Welsh Beer Festival on too

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Always been to the Bunch Of Grapes or All Bar One for Millwall away, this season was the first time I've seen trouble at Bunch of Grapes and it was nothing major.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here