Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could be interesting... Dispatches C4 tomoorrow - Albion to be heavily featured

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Here we go again.......we were made to look like a bunch of over sensitive souls last year on the BBC when they filmed the bobble hat brigade on the Costa express moaning about 'homohpobic abuse' no doubt tomorrow will be more of the same..................is the chant 'does you're boyfriend know you're here' or 'we can see you holding hands' really that offensive??

Maybe the Millwall fans who 'endured' the chant 'we pay you're benefits' y/day can also make an appearance on dispatches saying how upsetting it is to be stereotyped as benefits claimants.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Being a benefit claimant isn't a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010, because the Tories vetoed the inclusion of the socio/economic status category (to allow them to continue making the poor poorer without being accused of having discriminatory policies).

Just saying. :bigwave:

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Being a benefit claimant isn't a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010, because the Tories vetoed the inclusion of the socio/economic status category (to allow them to continue making the poor poorer without being accused of having discriminatory policies).

Just saying. :bigwave:

'We pay you're benefits and dont go whinging about us singing this cos its not a protected characteristic under the 2010 equality act' ...................I reckon this chant could really catch on!!!!

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
More embarrassed by our fans getting all upset with any form of homophobic abuse, it's football it's about having a laugh creating an atmosphere and a winding up the oppositions fans. (Plus the game obviously!). All this reporting certain behaviour clapping away following and grass up a fan hotline is pathetic.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
More embarrassed by our fans getting all upset with any form of homophobic abuse, it's football it's about having a laugh creating an atmosphere and a winding up the oppositions fans. (Plus the game obviously!). All this reporting certain behaviour clapping away following and grass up a fan hotline is pathetic.

Do you feel the same about racist abuse? If not, why the difference?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Never really hear it at Brighton games so can't comment but if it was a game in Scotland and some said you English xxxx or you take it up the arse because we are from Brighton at a Palace game it would wind me up but never to the point of reporting it.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Homophobia = having a laugh?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Just banter, right? That's a very moronic post.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is it really? Don't see many gay blokes and their boyfriends leaving in floods of tears just straight blokes getting all upset acting like a bunch of queens

Your gaydar must be pretty good. To compare two people. (Generalisation alert) I know one Brighton fan who has a shaved head and multiple tattoos. The other one wears a tank top, his best friend is a girl and he drinks wine instead of pints - Which one is the 'gayer'?

Whilst not offended by any sort of chanting, I do wonder why people aim to offend. It's quite possible to have a good drunken sing song without having to be vile. Maybe I'm alone in that.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Your gaydar must be pretty good. To compare two people. (Generalisation alert) I know one Brighton fan who has a shaved head and multiple tattoos. The other one wears a tank top, his best friend is a girl and he drinks wine instead of pints - Which one is the 'gayer'?

Whilst not offended by any sort of chanting, I do wonder why people aim to offend. It's quite possible to have a good drunken sing song without having to be vile. Maybe I'm alone in that.

Personally I prefer a bit of an edge at a match, them against us, rivalry banter (although I cringe at that word) rather than applaud each other leave and shake hands. If there is a bit of taking the piss or a few insults it just adds to the atmosphere. like your friends I leave the game and move on.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Do you feel the same about racist abuse? If not, why the difference?

Do you feel the same about people being called fat, or lazy, or the aforementioned benefit claimants or pikeys or bald or grey haired or big nosed or pigeon toed or young or old or: take your pick? If not, then why the difference?
Is it only the things your Government tell you it's right to be offended about that genuinely make you feel this way?

Is it really? Don't see many gay blokes and their boyfriends leaving in floods of tears just straight blokes getting all upset acting like a bunch of queens
I know of gay men who don't want to attend Albion games because of the intimidatory atmosphere created by homophobic abuse from away fans. It's particularly troublesome if you have been a victim of a violent homophobic attack in the past.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I know of gay men who don't want to attend Albion games because of the intimidatory atmosphere created by homophobic abuse from away fans.

Hopefully you tell them the club tries hard to protect supporters from this abuse and they should come visit our wonderful stadium,personally i have never been in earshot of any homophobic abuse at the Amex except for one of the Palace games,maybe im lucky.On a side note if Liz Costa is to be believed there are thousands upon thousands of gay people(yes that ridiculous 50% claim) who attend the Amex on a regular basis who seem on the whole content to return week after week.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Here we go again.......we were made to look like a bunch of over sensitive souls last year on the BBC when they filmed the bobble hat brigade on the Costa express moaning about 'homohpobic abuse' no doubt tomorrow will be more of the same..................is the chant 'does you're boyfriend know you're here' or 'we can see you holding hands' really that offensive??

Maybe the Millwall fans who 'endured' the chant 'we pay you're benefits' y/day can also make an appearance on dispatches saying how upsetting it is to be stereotyped as benefits claimants.

Did you actually click on the link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here