Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading (SAT) & QPR (TUES) at the Amex

How many points from next TWO games (Reading and QPR)

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
HUUUGE double header, could put us right in the mix or see us with an uphill struggle.

How many points will we get?

What side(s) should we put out?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We are good enough for 6 points if form kicks in.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I am being pessimistic here, draw to Reading and then lose to QPR :(

Then we go unbeaten till the end of the season while everyone above us implodes :O

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If we could only win one, who would people rather it was against? A couple of weeks ago the answer would definitely have been Reading, but I'm now thinking it is QPR. Playing only for sixth place is a VERY dangerous game, as if a single other team between sixth and tenth has a great finish we will miss out. I think the only way we are going to get in the play-offs is for one of the long-time top five to move back towards the pack. Forest and QPR look like the two contenders, so I would now rather beat QPR in order to make fifth place a realistic option.

I was talking about this today with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]. The answer, of course, is until the final ball of the season is kicked we have no idea which results are the key ones.

So, I can only give the obvious answer, which is to look at the table now and opt for beating Reading as my preference. That both QPR and Forest are imploding currently is, of course, wonderful however.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Indeed, it is all guesswork. But the counter argument to this is that finishing above Reading as things stand would not get us in the play-offs, as they are only 7th. It is Wigan, Forest and QPR (in that order) we need to focus on getting above. We've blown our chance of beating Wigan, and they are on a great run of form right now so you have to presume it will be difficult to get back above them any time soon. Therefore, I really think our season hinges on having to drag one of the top five back towards us. QPR (18th in the form table) and Forest (15th in the form table) have to be our targets. If the top five stays as it is I just don't see us making it, but if a team really collapses (like Leicester, Middlesbrough and Palace did last season) then we have a MUCH better chance. I am really hoping this QPR slump over the last five games is going to become one that lasts 15 games, and we have a golden opportunity to bring them right back into our part of the league table next Tuesday.

Speaking to my Brother in law last night, who is a Forest STH, he thinks they are in real trouble, and won't make the play offs.

Shame.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
With current mojo 2 points. I think we're trying to be more offensive but the players just don't seem to be able to deliver. If we can get to the point where we move the ball quicker down the channels then the needle could get north to 4 or 6 points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here