Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ronnie

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The greatest player ever to pick up a cue and by far my favourite sportsman of all time.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Nothing quite like winning a tournament potting a left handed black for a 147!
yes, and the shot he played on the final red wasn't too bad...

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
An enigma

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
That 147 tonight was utter genius. Final frame of the match and he scores a maximum and surpasses Stephen Hendry's maximum record in the process. Incredible stuff. He was so laid back though, potting the final pink with his tongue sticking out, grinning at the crowd during his break. Nothing seems to phase him these days. I'd say that is one of his best maximums yet because there were a couple of shots where he had to stretch and play the shot with his weaker hand in order to keep the break going. He is by far the best 'recovery shot' player that snooker has ever seen.

I'd say he is an absolute shoo-in for the Crucible next month. The way he is playing, there is just no way you can see anyone winning 10 frames against him, never mind 13, 17 or 18 later in the tournament. He just seems to be playing better than ever, which is freakish for a 38 year old. He looks a cert to be the first player since Ray Reardon to be winning a World Championship in his 40s and as long as he retains his new found appetite for the game and his eyesight holds up, he could win another 5 world titles yet. With snooker using prize money to determine the rankings as of next season rather than ranking points that will likely mean he will hang around for longer because he can pick and choose which tournaments he wants to play in. Today he's demolished a player who if he had won the final today would've equalled Stephen Hendry's record for most ranking titles in one season, which gives you some indication as to how much better than the rest he is when he puts his mind to it. If he'd engaged Dr Steve Peters' services 10 years ago, he'd have 13 world titles by now.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
RONNIE !!!!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Running around games (oh, and watersports I guess) ... so excludes snooker, darts, F1. Anything with a horse involved is debatable although I guess the horse is running around.

Bit of a narrow minded take on things, isn't it? Certainly saying F1 isn't a sport (OK, some would argue it is a circus these days) borders on the insane considering how physically fit you need to be in order to drive a car at 200mph with all the G-forces you have to contend with.

What would be your opinion of the following then? Sports or non-sports?

Fencing
Archery
Shooting
Trampolining
Table tennis
Diving (not in the Ashley Young sense, but in the Tom Daley diving off a springboard or platform sense)
Three day eventing
Golf

The only reason I ask is that the first 7 sports there are currently all Olympic sports and the last 1 is going to be in a couple of Olympics time. None of which particularly require 'running around' as you put it, other than from the horse in the cross country and show jumping segments of the three day eventing, yet they appear to satisfy the International Olympic Committee's idea of sport, which you would like to think is reasonably well qualified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here