Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Superdry shoppers research

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My daughter is researching people who use Superdry stores.
If you shop there (or ever have) and can spare two minutes, it would really help if you could answer her survey.
Please don't answer the survey if you don't shop there.
Thanks for your help NSC.

Superdry survey

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
one of my fave tweets from last year

Twop Twips ‏ @TwopTwips 25 Feb 2013. ANNOY wearers of 'Superdry’ coats by pouring a bucket of water over their heads. (via @gsnowdon)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Never heard of superdry. Do they have a store in Brighton?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Superdry was invented by a bloke from Cheltenham, he'd never been to Japan. When he realised it was more successful than his other brand 'CULT' he started changing the Cult stores to Superdry.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I like Superdry. I've always found it to be good quality. Never knew it's the same people behind cult though, even though the store in Brighton is in the same place.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Isn't it famously just a brand for bellends, like Jack Willis or whatever. Generic sweatshop clothes with a high price tag aimed at sheep-brained chavs who have to wear the same brand as other sheep-brained chavs, as the alternative to that would be individual thought, which is something people like that are too frightened of to imagine themselves capable of. (PS is this one of the questions in the survey?)

Whenever I see someone with an item emblazoned thus I always think it is advertising a brand of nappies. "Some people would wear a dog turd round their neck on a chain if they were told it was fashionable" to misquote Basil Fawlty.

Hope your daughter's survey is a success tho'.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
The 'Japanese' writing on it is actually Chinese. My old Chinese student was very quick to point this out on one of my t-shirts.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Isn't it famously just a brand for bellends, like Jack Willis or whatever. Generic sweatshop clothes with a high price tag aimed at sheep-brained chavs who have to wear the same brand as other sheep-brained chavs, as the alternative to that would be individual thought, which is something people like that are too frightened of to imagine themselves capable of. (PS is this one of the questions in the survey?)

Yes. Nobody would wear it unless it had the logo not only on the front but the back as well.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Superdry was invented by a bloke from Cheltenham, he'd never been to Japan. When he realised it was more successful than his other brand 'CULT' he started changing the Cult stores to Superdry.

Poor summary, Julian D and his colleague added Superdry to their other brands after visiting Japan.
Cult was never a brand but a shop title that had a number of separate & distinct brands within and only after Superdry became overwhelmingly the dominant force was a 'reverse takeover' finalised

In fact the company name is Supergroup not Superdry (nb tipped by yours truly last year in the financial spread betting thread @ £5.94 currently £16.60)

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

A significant percentage of the clothes now have invisible or the size of the Fred Perry logos. Monster or small logos, there is a choice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here