Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Exchange

hertsseagull

hertsseagull
May 15, 2011
Hi,

Just after a bit of info.

I wondered if anyone ever uses the club's ST Exchange to sell tickets they can't use and, if so, how often they get bought.

I have 3 STs for me and the kids - we live in Hertfordshire and don't get to every game and I've forgotten to use the ST Exchange this season. Would be interested to know if it is an effective way of getting a bit of cash back for games we can't get to, particularly as I weigh up whether to renew for next season (reckon I'll get to 14 games this season, so ST is not cost effective, although there are lots of good reasons to have one).

Many thanks in advance for any info.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't they only use it when the stadium is sold out? And these days it never is.

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
As above.. I'd be tempted to use it more if they activated it when tickets went on general sale. As it stands though I'd rather give my ticket to a trusted mate

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think it has only been bought into service around twice

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The club suspend you if your caught giving your ticket to someone else Part of the terms. Think it works out at 7 games free with a season ticket so you need to make 17 to cover the cost.

D

Deleted member 2719

The club suspend you if your caught giving your ticket to someone else Part of the terms. Think it works out at 7 games free with a season ticket so you need to make 17 to cover the cost.

Probably a silly question but why would the club suspend a sth, when they could get someone else spending there hard earned cash on food, booze and merchandise ?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
It's a shame - could be a great system but only comes into force when a match is sold out as people say. And that never happens.

My dad is in the 1901 club and the system there is that you can select to send your ticket to anyone you like via a secure email. They then receive a printable ticket for your seat for the game. A much better idea, no lending of smartcard etc

Unfortunately the club would rather you just didn't turn up it seems. Lost pies and pints sales opportunity if nothing else!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Probably a silly question but why would the club suspend a sth, when they could get someone else spending there hard earned cash on food, booze and merchandise ?

It does actually state your ST is non-tranferrable in the rules you signed up to.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
It does actually state your ST is non-tranferrable in the rules you signed up to.

But does still seem rather short sighted doesn't it - the club get an empty seat and no food/drink/merchandise sales. I don't understand it, why not let people transfer the tickets they have paid for and perhaps pay a charge to do so (difference between cost of ticket for STH and public sale price maybe)

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

Maybe, but the club have never enforced it. They know it goes on. Officially or unofficially, they turn a blind eye. As I can't always make every game, I either let my son have mine OR a trusted friend uses it.

If they were to ever enforce it, it would be a massive PR own goal and I suspect would cause a great many people who can't make every game to cancel.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
The club see it a a lost revenue stream cause those people would instead buy a general match day ticket. That might be the case in a few cases but not all and it probably indroduce's new fans who would not normally attend.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe, but the club have never enforced it. They know it goes on. Officially or unofficially, they turn a blind eye. As I can't always make every game, I either let my son have mine OR a trusted friend uses it.

If they were to ever enforce it, it would be a massive PR own goal and I suspect would cause a great many people who can't make every game to cancel.

I think we all know that, I suspect the reason is if the person who uses it does something wrong.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
But does still seem rather short sighted doesn't it - the club get an empty seat and no food/drink/merchandise sales. I don't understand it, why not let people transfer the tickets they have paid for and perhaps pay a charge to do so (difference between cost of ticket for STH and public sale price maybe)

It's not the clubs rules but those of the league. That is what we were told when we had our presentation before the Amex opened. The reason is probably because clubs would have no control who used the ticket and ergo who was coming into the ground.

At the end of the day, I don't think the club have a problem if you lend your ticket to a friend who might pay you or not (depends on how good the friendship is I suppose). However, if your mate is a psycho then probably not a wise thing to do!!!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The club need to find a way of helping the season ticket holders who can't make mid week games or risk losing them altogether or may mean they buy a tickets by individual games leading to them maybe missing more Saturday/ weekend games.its a difficult to organise. It would not so much of a problem if we make the premiership as I think the ticket exchange would kick in.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just FYI, the rules for the 1901 exchange prohibit a financial transaction. Can't be policed, of course.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If there was a Saturday at 3 season ticket I'd buy one. In the two years holding a WSU season ticket I had to miss too many games to make it worthwhile.Of course, sometimes my ticket was used by A.N.Other, but often the seat was empty, and my understanding then was that the club would only resell your ticket if all the others were sold, so no chance, really. Now I buy singles for games I can attend, never fail to get a ticket, and see various parts of the Amex. Win, win, really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here