Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pitch side advertising

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
After having been subjected to 90 mins of Capital One advertising, I have absolutely no wish to get one of their credit cards. Come to think of it, I have never made a purchase based on this method of advertising. Presumably, companies must see this as a good source of revenue, so has anyone actually parted with their hard earned cash through seeing a product advertised at a football match?

Last edited:

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I think it's less about seeing and and thinking "oh I'll get one of those" but more of someone thinking "I need a credit card" and capital one jumps into their head because they've seen it recently.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think it's less about seeing and and thinking "oh I'll get one of those" but more of someone thinking "I need a credit card" and capital one jumps into their head because they've seen it recently.

This. This is how a lot of advertising works. It's about product awareness and getting the brand to stick in your brain, even if it's only in the subconscious filed under "credit card" or say "fizzy drink" for Coke.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Boxing on SKY other night. Ring had four thick ropes with adverts on plus straps from top to bottom with ads. Adverts on floor and adverts on corner cushions. Couldn't see the boxers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here