Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
holloway-l229-1392022_478x359.jpg

Ian Holloway on the touchline at the Den
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
23:37 1st March 2014
by Paul Camillin
It was a penalty - because it was given - but it was soft and we're disappointed about that"
Ian Holloway
Renew your season ticket before 5pm on Thursday 13th*March to secure your seat!****
This applies to upfront payers only.

Ian Holloway felt referee Geoff Eltringham made a "mistake" when he adjudged Lions defender Danny Shittu to have fouled Seagulls debutant Jesse Lingard, as his side went down 1-0 to Albion. *
David Lopez confidently despatched the spot kick and dedicated Albion's victory to his daughter, who celebrated her second birthday - but it left Millwall boss Holloway bemoaning his side's luck.
Speaking after the match the Lions boss said, "It was a penalty - because it was given - but it was soft and we're disappointed about that."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

"In fairness to Brighton they are a good side and you have to give them credit, but the build-up to the penalty was the only time they caught us out of our shape and position.*
"They took a quick throw and got in behind us, which left Danny chasing back. He was devastated in the dressing room afterwards."
david-l229-1390527.jpg

The former Crystal Palace boss admitted he was proud of his team, adding, "I did feel that again we didn't get what our performance deserved. I saw some spirit today, and that's more like it.*
"The effort from everybody was unbelievable and I think you could see that the fans, who were brilliant again today, appreciated that because of the way the players were applauded at half-time and at the end.
"We're in a bad situation but I'm still so confident that we will turn this around. The tougher it gets, the tougher we have to get. But we will keep fighting right until the end because that's our duty.*
"I truly believe that we will have been better than three other teams by the end of the season, and that's what will matter. Everybody has to keep believing."
UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES
Albion v Reading:
Saturday 8th March, kick-off 3pm
Albion v QPR:
Tuesday 11th March, kick-off 7.45pm
Albion v Ipswich Town:
Saturday 22nd March, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here