Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley a market town in N. England with a population of 73,500 (less than Worthing).....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Appear to have a very good chance of making the Premier League.

What can we learn from them?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have two 30 goals a season strikers in the squad ?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They were a top division team when I was a kid, won the FA Cup too if I remember rightly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Because they've been there before, quite recently, and have experience of how to do it.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Because they've been there before, quite recently, and have experience of how to do it.

What's the learning for the Albion Phil?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I tell you what I've learned about Burnley on the few times that they've visited the Amex. Their team are overrated and their fans are absolute scum.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

No idea, I sell stuff for a living. But I think Burnley still had some parachute payment money, maybe that's helped. Maybe they've been able to spend a little more across the board on the playing side, I don't imagine they have anything like the overheads we have either.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Sometimes things just click.

If there was a simple formula to get promoted, everyone would do it. We can learn no more from Burnley than we would off Leicester, Cardiff, Hull or THEM.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Unchanged side for 6 games whereas we changed the side by 7 in 2 consecutive games and lost both by half time

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You can sell your best player in the summer and use the money to build a stronger team.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Filled their side with a mix of promising youngsters and experienced players who have won this league before.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We can learn that population, and by proxy attendance figures, have little to do with promotion chances.

this

Hang around in the Championship long enough and odds are that you'll go up eventually.

and this. i looked it up recently, there's an awful lot of teams that have been promoted in the past decade or two. it's staying there thats the issue for smaller (and not so small) clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here