Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst ever - how Holloway was left fuming by Albion's penalty [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]Worst ever - how Holloway was left fuming by Albion's penalty[/h]7:00am Sunday 2nd March 2014 in Albion By Brian Owen
2897631.jpg
Danny Shittu claims his innocence
Millwall boss Ian Holloway felt Albion benefited from the ‘softest’ penalty he had ever seen yesterday.
And he argued the Lions might have had a spot kick of their own.
Holloway said Geoff Eltringham’s decision to penalise Danny Shittu replaced a penalty verdict against Dean Moxey as the worst he had experienced.
Moxey was penalised for handball as he tried to block a cross when Crystal Palace lost 1-0 at home to Tottenham on the opening weekend of the current Premier League season.
Roberto Soldado scored to give Spurs a 1-0 win and his compatriot David Lopez did similar for Albion this time.
Holloway had a lengthy chat with the match officials and assessor after the game but said he did not expect to be fined for what he had said.
He asked reporters: “Where’s our penalty when Jermaine Easter gets leathered in the backside on the edge of the box?
“Was he in the box or not? I don’t know. But that’s a foul over and over again.
“I’m really glad I’m not a referee but I’m also glad I know what referees do and should do.
“I have never been so devastated in my life by the softest thing I have ever seen in my life.
“Dean Moxey’s cost me a fortune (after he was fined for comments), this one is twice as bad if not four times as bad as that.”
Holloway also felt a Steve Morison shot was handled by an Albion defender in the box as Millwall chased an equaliser.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Jesus, does this bloke ever shut up........ he is a clown of the highest order.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
It Was a very soft penalty, but so were many of Zaha and Murray's last year, did not hear him complain then, the guy is a clown not a football manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here