Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pardew fined £100K....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
There's been rumours recently that Newcastle wanted him out. This would have given them an excuse to fire him if they wanted to, so I guess he's staying.

Don't suppose he's too bothered about losing 100k, I'm sure he can afford it. He does have anger "issues" though.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Community Service would be more effective than that. Get him on the streets helping the flood victims for a month.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Community Service would be more effective than that. Get him on the streets helping the flood victims for a month.

Yes, because after spending a few weeks with the ground floor of your home under water and losing the possessions you were unable to get upstairs in time, the one thing that would really make you feel better is Alan Pardew knocking on the door offering tea & biscuits.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Yes, because after spending a few weeks with the ground floor of your home under water and losing the possessions you were unable to get upstairs in time, the one thing that would really make you feel better is Alan Pardew knocking on the door offering tea & biscuits.

Getting him to drink all the floodwater out of your house while you watch might make you feel better though.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My first thought about the "fine" was that it was more for PR than punishment. The FA ban might test the Newcastle board a bit more if the bloke they pay to manage the team cannot attend games for ten weeks or so.

Is OG about to move higher up that list ?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If he gets a longer ban or bigger fine than Anelka then the FA has caused a ridiculous situation by being cowardly and overly-lenient on Anelka's racist behaviour.

A bigger punishment than Anelka and the FA is clearly not committed to eliminating racism and hatred.

Less than Anelka and people will say it's not enough of a fine for Pardew.

Self-inflicted injury. Anelka should have been banned for ten, leaving an acceptable 5-game ban for Pardew.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Maybe he could sort out the water butts ?

I'll get my own coat, thanks

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Understood. But it might make you feel better if he handed you the tea and biscuits for you to enjoy, while he spent the day sweeping up the shit outside.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I still can't decide if that really was a headbutt or a badly timed and stumbled lunge bit unfair I think.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
MOTD and others have been talking about a 10 match touchline ban. I've a sneaking feeling Pardew will get a Library thrown at him rather than just the book, especially considering he has previous form.

I wonder if Newcastle are waiting until the outcome of the expected FA charge before giving him the boot? Due to the length of Pardew's contract, I'm sure they would be happy to go down the gross misconduct route to save themselves a few quid. Ashley would have to sell a lot of tracksuit bottoms and hoodies to finance Pardew's pay off if he wants shot of him.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My first thought about the "fine" was that it was more for PR than punishment. The FA ban might test the Newcastle board a bit more if the bloke they pay to manage the team cannot attend games for ten weeks or so.

Is OG about to move higher up that list ?

I believe that clubs are only allowed to fine players and managers a maximum of two weeks wages for whatever reason (sending off, etc...) so i suspect that even if the club had wanted to, they were unable to fine him any more than that anyway.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Are there any other professions where one can be fined by their employer for mis-conduct, or is it just sports people?

In most 'normal' jobs, you can be suspended without pay for misconduct - so long as the employer has followed the approved code of practice and employment law.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
deserves what ever he gets
but I do think that MOTD pundits and that knob Stelling went right over the top and I have no doubt that the FA will give it large, hypercritical bunch
these you must remember are those along with some of the pundits sat on their hands and zipped up their mouths while our under 21's where being physically and verbally abused by a load of Eastern Europeans not that long ago

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
In most 'normal' jobs, you can be suspended without pay for misconduct - so long as the employer has followed the approved code of practice and employment law.

It is not quite the same thing though, is it?
If you get suspended without pay you don't need to work!
Although, I don't for one minute feel sorry for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here