Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next two games absolutely crucial if we want to make the play offs?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Win against Reading and we move above them with a game in hand on them, and QPR's form is very suspect at the moment. This is our big chance to get ourselves back into the play off mix imo. The only thing I'm concerned about is Redknapp getting the boot if they don't get a result at Birmingham next weekend...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Pretty much.

We'll need to win our game in hand at Blackburn as well. Do this and we have a chance to overhaul Forest as well.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would say all games are pretty crucial now, but especially against our main rivals. We will win these 2, I have no doubts!

I know, but we have to say it every week that the next game is crucial, or the players just won't KNOW :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Oscar takes one game at a time , no looking ahead and setting points targets from a batch of matches.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think these two games are crucial. Reading and QPR are struggling at the moment and Nottingham Forest have suddenly hit a bit of a confidence crisis. Wigan and us can really benefit if we show we're up for it.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Lucky we beat Leicester at The Amex or we'd have no hope now.

Best look forward rather than backwards, eh? :albion2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Win against Reading and we move above them with a game in hand on them, and QPR's form is very suspect at the moment. This is our big chance to get ourselves back into the play off mix imo. The only thing I'm concerned about is Redknapp getting the boot if they don't get a result at Birmingham next weekend...

Two very winnable games given their recent form. We shouldn't take them lightly however, they still ooze PL class over the pitch. I'd take 4 points which will keep us in touch and the dream very much alive.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
The inability to score more than a goal is scary though. It just means we can never concede just to make sure....:down:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Nottingham Forest have suddenly hit a bit of a confidence crisis.

They seem to have quite a few injuries across midfield & defence. Billy Davies decision to pack his squad full of strikers suddenly doesn't look so clever and I won't be the only one finding it all quite amusing. He made big noises about how you have to spend big in January to get an automatic promotion place, now he's getting his excuses in as how they're doing well just to be in the play offs.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think these two games are crucial. Reading and QPR are struggling at the moment and Nottingham Forest have suddenly hit a bit of a confidence crisis. Wigan and us can really benefit if we show we're up for it.

It's not just these two games though. The month of March is massive, if we can keep in touch with the play offs then we have a great chance because April could, apart from Leicester away be pretty straight forward.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They seem to have quite a few injuries across midfield & defence. Billy Davies decision to pack his squad full of strikers suddenly doesn't look so clever and I won't be the only one finding it all quite amusing. He made big noises about how you have to spend big in January to get an automatic promotion place, now he's getting his excuses in as how they're doing well just to be in the play offs.

They're expecting Moussi and Reid back in 2 weeks. That'll make them tick again.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Beat Reading and then we start to get an advantage over them.

Beat QPR then it opens up the possibility of a higher finish.

Beat both and it shows that we are more than capable of making the play-offs, we may well even be in them. Blackburn away is also a key game.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
If you hadn't started this thread, I probably would have done. I think if we don't beat the Royals and the Hoops, I would say its mid-table mediocrity this season.........BUT I believe we will win both!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here