Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

On being kept prisoner at the New Den

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
5.17pm before they opened the gates and we were permitted to leave ... that's about 25 mins after the game ended. Unacceptable. According to the police it was "for our own protection"! I can look after myself perfectly well thank you if I meet some Millwall supporters. They are woosies outside the protection of their stadium.

I shall be writing to the Millwall Chief Executive and the Police Complaints Authority questioning what authority they have to lock us up against our will.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
5.17pm before they opened the gates and we were permitted to leave ... that's about 25 mins after the game ended. Unacceptable. According to the police it was "for our own protection"! I can look after myself perfectly well thank you if I meet some Millwall supporters. They are woosies outside the protection of their stadium.

I shall be writing to the Millwall Chief Executive and the Police Complaints Authority questioning what authority they have to lock us up against our will.

You won't want to park in Bennets Field from next Saturday then

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Didn't have a problem with it personally. It's Millwall, it's to be expected. If it saves any Albion fans having any kind of unwanted confrontation with their meatheads, of which there are plenty, then all well & good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Count yourself lucky you got out as early as you did, and don't bother wasting other people's time.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Value for money. You pay £9 to go to the cinema you may as well get there in time for the trailers, and stay to watch the credits roll at the end. Millwall should have been charging you for the extra Senegal Fields experience they included gratis in your ticket price.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Millwall supporters were kept in for the same amount of time at our place, Completely expected.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Exactly as expected and rather the neanderthals were cleared off and stay in a safe area personally.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We got away far more quickly than last year, and even with the problems with the trains we were home by 7. Big fuss over sweet FA.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Great, so the OP is a billy big bollox and can look after himself but what about others who can't or maybe have kids with them! Hey, sod the collateral damage, it's every man for himself!!!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Wasnt an issue at all everybody was in their way to the station before the coaches were allowed to leave stop being a drama queen

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012

Yes the police have legal authority to hold fans back.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Don't see the problem with it, we did the same to them and have done to a number of other sides, why should we be any different? Most of the Millwall lot were all bark and no bite but it only takes one idiot to cause a tragedy, better safe than sorry.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had a good chat with a few of our finest after the game. They all thought it's not quite correct as well. It's quite dangerous at that gate. I pushed into the side and took a bit of a knock on the elbow. Nothing to write home about but I'm not elderly or a child.

One Police said it was better when they let you go up onto the walkway immediately but held the away crowd back further up.

Thought the MET were good today but I think they always are in that ground. They've seen it all before. I do wonder with some police though particularly BTP. The attitude appears to change. More willing to pick people up for being a bjt drunk and disorderly whilst in the ground it's more of a I want to go home, you want to go home so can you please just f### off.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here