Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Genuine question. What IS their secret? Horribly unfancied at the start of the season and our win against them at home must have been one of our easiest of the season at The Amex. I was absolutely certain they would fall away once the season got going. Sean Dyche is an Ok-ish manager but not someone who normally comes to the fore when big jobs are talked about. No big money owner that I know of, comparably small crowds (bigger now they're doing well mind) in an FFP environment.

Yet they are undefeated since Christmas and today's win over Derby gives them a real shot at automatic promotion. Barnes can't get near the starting line up. 10 minutes for him today. How are they doing it? ANYONE?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I keep waiting, waiting and waiting for them to come unstuck but credit where credit is due they're churning out the results.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair play to them, I like a lot of people thought they'd slip away as the season went on but they've stuck at it and are proving to be a very competent team.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Consistency of team? Aspinall pointed out how they have 7 players who have played most of the season. They have also been together a while, working in Dyche's system for a while

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
It's got to be a ton of credit to Dyche hasn't it? He was very unlucky to lose the Watford job and quietly gone about his business at Burnley. He obviously knows how to pick a player and instill calm and confidence in is team. Plus he's got a system they're comfortable with.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Consistency of team? Aspinall pointed out how they have 7 players who have played most of the season. They have also been together a while, working in Dyche's system for a while

I think that's a good shout. I heard Warren say that and thought he had a point. When he was unfair was comparing it to us given the injuries we have had. When everyone is fit seven of ours pick themselves (back 5, Ince, Ulloa. Oscar will always pick Bruno if he's fit).

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Scoring goals and not conceding.

Simple game, football.

This.

Ings and Vokes aren't great players but any striker with confidence is a huge asset.

Burnley happen to have two.

Plus Trippier is the most underrated player in the division providing the ammunition.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What were the odds before the start of the season on them gaining automatic promotion?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd much rather see Burnley go up than, say, QPR or Forest

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I'd much rather see Burnley go up than, say, QPR or Forest

Oh me too. I'd much rather a good side sporting wise than one groaning with FFP busting dollars went up. I just thought it was becoming much harder in the modern era.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The players motivation is Burnley getting the final parachute payment this season , if they don't go up their wages will be cut or they'll be let go to trim the wagebill whereas some of them will be good enough to play in the Premier League with Burnley next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here