Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under Gus

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Huh?

Are you asking if we would get two points from the last game of the season under gus?
Are you asking if we would have got two points from the last two games we played?
Are you asking if we got two points from the last two games when we played the teams last season?
Are you including the hull game as it was a cup game and no points, but they were in our division last season, or are you skipping back to the wigan game because it was the last league game game, despite not facing wigan last season?

Come back and further explain your question so there can be a proper binfest!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That won't happen tonight, we won, certain people will refrain from posting.

Oscar has ruined everything.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Huh?

Are you asking if we would get two points from the last game of the season under gus?
Are you asking if we would have got two points from the last two games we played?
Are you asking if we got two points from the last two games when we played the teams last season?
Are you including the hull game as it was a cup game and no points, but they were in our division last season, or are you skipping back to the wigan game because it was the last league game game, despite not facing wigan last season?

I read this as "Under Gus we would have drawn against Wigan and Millwall and so the unspoken conclusion is that we are better off under O.G. because we won one and lost one, thus gaining 3 points instead of 2. It's a reasonable supposition.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That won't happen tonight, we won, certain people will refrain from posting.

Oscar has ruined everything.

Listening to the radio it wasn't a great game of football, surely someone will bump the papering over the cracks thread?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Listening to the radio it wasn't a great game of football, surely someone will bump the papering over the cracks thread?

I prefer the old cliche about play below par but still win

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I read this as "Under Gus we would have drawn against Wigan and Millwall and so the unspoken conclusion is that we are better off under O.G. because we won one and lost one, thus gaining 3 points instead of 2. It's a reasonable supposition.

That was as I intended. It's not so much a criticism as an observation that under Gus I can't imagine us ever going two down at home to a team like Wigan but equally, we tended to cock things up in winnable away games where a draw might also have been deemed acceptable.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Results are everything particuarly entering the last quarter of the season. Any win away from home is a great result. Great support, well done to everyone who went. 2 wins at the AMEX and who knows where we will be.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Always good when you win ugly. Makings of a decent team and looking more positive for a playoff place than it did at 3pm. Look at reading can't beat a relegation team at home with only 8 men.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's typical Albion where we played well against Wigan and lost, but played 'badly' today, but won.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
A counterfactual - now I understand.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do you mean some people only post when we don't win? Surely not
It's almost as if I'm saying there are a few Albion fans, who are NSC members, that take no joy from us winning.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
That was as I intended. It's not so much a criticism as an observation that under Gus I can't imagine us ever going two down at home to a team like Wigan but equally, we tended to cock things up in winnable away games where a draw might also have been deemed acceptable.

Our away form last season was pretty decent though. That's, of course, setting aside the games at Ashton Gate and Oakwell.
We hardly won a game by a single goal last season: won lots by wider margins but drew far too many as well. So, yes, definitely less draws under Oscar...but probably fewer points at the season end.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Though, I'm not sure we are better off in this case. We'd have been better off not losing to Wigan as they are challenging for pretty much the last play-off place.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our away form last season was pretty decent though. That's, of course, setting aside the games at Ashton Gate and Oakwell.
We hardly won a game by a single goal last season: won lots by wider margins but drew far too many as well. So, yes, definitely less draws under Oscar...but probably fewer points at the season end.

After 32 games last season we had 49 points which is identical to today. GD then was +11 as opposed to +7.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here